The Beginning

  • Charles
    Message 1 of 21 , Jun 2, 2002
      Eduard,

      Like breakfast in the afternoon, this post is for
      entertaiment or amusement only.

      There was something in the beginning: nothingness.
      Nor an inch of space or a minute of time yet; that
      was enough to be also
      an end. The beginning was the end of nothingness.
      Then what? Big Bang. "Let there be light and there
      was light". The lighting
      was so strong that, as a result, we now have the
      pleasure to enjoy light beers, light food,
      lighters, light-weight champions in
      boxing, and all kind of light delicacies. Light
      was good, and darkness was evil (the beginning of
      values?). I think so, because
      the "value" of my electric bill keeps getting
      higher and higher just for the light I consume at
      nights.

      It was also so boring in the beginning, that
      something had to be done in order to get some fun
      out of it. The job was fairly easy.
      It took only six days to make a whole universe, a
      garden, and a man. The seventh day was for resting
      and contemplation. Maybe
      that's why we have to work hard all week and go to
      church every Sunday.

      "Man should not be alone", it was decided, and to
      keep him from self satisfaction, a woman was made
      out of one of his ribs. What
      a twisted sense of humor! Anyway, they were a
      shameless and a happy couple until the snake came
      in between them. The fruit
      of the tree in the middle of the garden was so
      delicious and tasty that two little devils were
      born out of this union. Then, they were
      told to get out of the garden and get a job
      somewhere else. As it usually happens when you
      brake the law, sexual relations were
      not obstacles anymore, and people started to
      multiply like rabbits. A man could affort to have
      more than one wife, and everyone
      became a sinner, a pervert, and a disgusting
      creature that "ought" to be punished.

      The flood was announced in big letters, and the
      ark was the place in which the greatest orgy of
      all time was to be celebrated. It
      was only for couples, and the better they were for
      sex, the easier the ticket to the ark.

      Once the party was over, the reproduction and the
      foundation of new cities gave rise to man's
      desires for reaching heaven: a tower
      was built up with that purpose (Confusion and
      origin of languages?). The tower of Babel was the
      origin of all languages: as opposed
      to the actual interpretation of the Indo-European
      family of languages, Latin is no derived from the
      Italic, nor English from Germanic,
      nor Russian from Slavic, but from the tower of
      Babel.

      Again, the Sodom and Gomorrah party was announced.
      A rain of stone and fire was the main event, and
      the first price for the
      best dancing couple was a statue of salt. What a
      party! Similar to Hiroshima and Nagasaky!
      (Pakistan-India?).

      As time went by, people started to travel from one
      place to another looking for a promised land, and
      listening to voices and
      warnings from heaven. Overpopulation and hunger
      became the cause of human sacrifices, which they
      later had for dinner. The
      distribution of land and authorithy was the end of
      the beginning. The few acquired the best of
      society, and stayed. The rest
      decided to continue the nomad life. Thus, the end
      of the beginning was the beginning of the Exodus.
      Every beginning is an
      end, and every end is a beginning.

      Charles

    • Eduard Alf
      Message 2 of 21 , Jun 2, 2002
        Charles,

        that is all well and good. But where does the
        giant octopus come from?? I am watching it now on
        Space channel. It is attacking San Francisco
        harbour. Oh so terrible .. will they ever be
        able to defeat it???

[...]

        removed]

      • Eduard Alf
        Message 3 of 21 , Jun 2, 2002
        • Bill Harris
          Message 4 of 21 , Jun 3, 2002
            Eduard, The octopus came from the agrichem slime in the Des Moines river.
            Did you know that eighty % of the cost of environmental protective measures
            put into effect by farmers will be paid for by the Feds under the new farm
            bill?
            The biggest insurance man in Des Moines just pledged a ton of money to a
            friends company that eradicates hog odor. It is a hopeful sign. He bets
            producers will come into compliance voluntarily at a 20% cost. I hope he is
            right. What if each ten thousand hog containment had IT`s own sewage
            treatment facility? What would the effect be on pork prices? Is this the
            right way to go? Or will the octopus eat us all? More to come, Bill
            > that is all well and good. But where does the
            > giant octopus come from?? I am watching it now on
            > Space channel. It is attacking San Francisco
            > harbour. Oh so terrible .. will they ever be
            > able to defeat it???
            >
            > eduard

          • Eduard Alf
            Message 5 of 21 , Jun 3, 2002
              Bill,

              We should stop eating pork. It is time that the
              public took some responsibility.

              Message 6 of 21 , Jun 3, 2002
                Eduard, Pork is only one crushing cog on the wheel of HyperAg. Bill
                > We should stop eating pork. It is time that the
                > public took some responsibility.
                >
                > eduard

              • Eduard Alf
                Message 7 of 21 , Jun 3, 2002
                  Bill,

                  We have to start somewhere .... oops .. I think I
                  had a pork sausage at my girlfriends an hour ago
                  ... I will do better tomorrow ...

                  Eduard, Pork is only one crushing cog on the wheel
                  of HyperAg. Bill
                • nick a
                  Message 8 of 21 , Jun 4, 2002
                    What is wrong with pork? Does it have a funny smell? How different is its
                    chemical makeup from beef?

                    hmmmm... Pork.

                    > We should stop eating pork. It is time that the
                    > public took some responsibility.
                    >
                    > eduard

                  • Eduard Alf
                    Message 9 of 21 , Jun 4, 2002
                      Nick,

                      You are coming late into this discussion. Bill's
                      concern is the huge pig farms in Iowa that are
                      producing pollution in streams and rivers. It is
                      not the odor of the meat itself, but of the
                      sewage.

                      But the raising of cattle for beef produces
                      similar problems. Perhaps we should stop eating
                      beef as well. Afterall, the promotion of eating
                      beef was one of the side affects of WW2. We are
                      being convinced that eating beef [a la MacDonalds]
                      is something that will make us feel good
                      emotionally. Buy a hamburger combo and you will
                      get a neat Disney character cup for free.

                      Message 10 of 21 , Jun 4, 2002
                        Eduard, No doubt to your endless boredom, you know of my concern for the
                        ecology of the Midwest. I am not a tree hugger and I realize this area has
                        seen multiple manifestations of ecodiversity . This area has been ocean
                        floor, it has been glaciated, it has been forested and it has been plain and
                        will probably be all and more again. Our poisonous ways will be remedied in
                        time. The present levels of toxicity are my concern. The head of our water
                        treatment works was on TV and reassured the people that even though the
                        nitrate levels in the river are 100 times the maximum federal guidelines his
                        multi-million treatment facility can purify the water to the place where
                        all but infants can drink it. That's great except 40 miles downstream is a
                        town with no such facility. Same river, same water. Bill
                        > We have to start somewhere .... oops .. I think I
                        > had a pork sausage at my girlfriends an hour ago
                        > ... I will do better tomorrow ...
                        >
                        > eduard

                      • Bill Harris
                        Message 11 of 21 , Jun 4, 2002
                          Nick, I have no particular beef with pork, it is good food. In fact this
                          weekend I will be at the National Pork Congressl. I want to see what
                          progress has been made in producing a good product with less ecological
                          damage. Giant hog lots are a nightmare, both to the people in the area and
                          to the hogs themselves. Solid and liquid wastes overwhelm the local
                          ecosystems, kill rivers for miles downstream, pollute soils and even
                          contaminate deep water supplies. The stench is unbearable and the flies
                          multiply uncontrollably.
                          Agribusiness owns the legislatures of low population states like Iowa. On
                          the federal level cheap food is the bottom line. For the short term, giant
                          hog lots are economically advantageous. Again it is money over the
                          environment.
                          Cattle confinements are a similar problem , while fence row to fence row
                          chemical agriculture is a giant polluter with nitrates, phosphates and
                          other herbicide and pesticide residues destroy soil and water ecology.
                          Atrazine alone is wiping out frogs , a marker species for water
                          contamination.
                          The political process is castrated in regards to these disasters. About all
                          we can do is let you on the outside know what is going on. Bill
                          > What is wrong with pork? Does it have a funny smell? How different is its
                          > chemical makeup from beef?
                          >
                          > hmmmm... Pork.

                          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                        • adam robertson
                          Message 12 of 21 , Jun 4, 2002
                            I agree with you eduard, i sometimes sit in a local mcdonalds just to watch
                            the interaction of people with food/behaviour. What a vicious cycle parents
                            start when satiating their childs crying with pop and french fries. So
                            cheap and fast is that emotional uplifting. Too bad this sort of habitualism
                            is a driect result of the many ills we face in this society, from depression
                            to heart disease. As a child i remember a man who was removed by authorites
                            from this one mc donalds; he was preaching to the people and staff as to the
                            dangers of this type of diet. Everyone seemed disgusted at him for intruding
                            on their makeshift reality, and maybe rightly so, but i believe we need more
                            of him, this world has to wake up!

                            Adam

                            Message 13 of 21 , Jun 4, 2002
                              The best way to protest our fast food, consume to survive culture is to not
                              take part in it. I haven't eaten meat in 5 years and I haven't eaten any
                              animal products (eggs, milk, gelatin, whey, mono and diglycerides etc.) in
                              about 4 and a half years. So, just so you know, it's not that difficult.
                              Damien
                            • greg goodwin
                              Message 14 of 21 , Jun 4, 2002
                                Damien,
                                Just asking, but do you feel you have gained through
                                this life change??
                                Health wise do you feel/see any benefit to life free
                                from meat or meatproduct??
                                Had you done this as a study you may have some data
                                that more would be interested in.
                                GG
                                --- damiensscreename@... wrote:
                                > The best way to protest our fast food, consume to
                                > survive culture is to not
                                > take part in it. I haven't eaten meat in 5 years
                                > and I haven't eaten any
                                > animal products (eggs, milk, gelatin, whey, mono and
                                > diglycerides etc.) in
                                > about 4 and a half years. So, just so you know,
                                > it's not that difficult.
                                > Damien

                                http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com
                              • Eduard Alf
                                Message 15 of 21 , Jun 4, 2002
                                  Adam,

                                  Such things occur for all sorts of things that we
                                  consume. There is a commercial from Speedy Glass.
                                  A father encounters his two boys [one who is
                                  perhaps 12 and the other about 4] who are playing
                                  catch with a baseball. The younger one isn't too
                                  good at catching. The father says, "I know what's
                                  wrong". He picks up the little boy and places him
                                  under a large window of the house. It is a window
                                  made up of three vertical panes, each perhaps 2
                                  feet wide and 4 feet high. Then he goes to the
                                  older boy and says to him, "Lets try the curve
                                  ball", or something like that. The obvious
                                  objective is to break the window so that Speedy
                                  Glass can repair it. I am not sure, but I think
                                  that there are Air Miles or something as an
                                  incentive. The whole thing is stupid, but shows
                                  our priorities. Surely someone must realise that
                                  the little boy is going to be showered with glass.
                                  Of course there is a small note at the bottom of
                                  the TV screen which states, "Speedy Glass does not
                                  promote the breaking of glass". Like, Hello ...
                                  what is this commercial about.

                                  Message 16 of 21 , Jun 4, 2002
                                    Damien,

                                    That is interesting to know. But where do you get
                                    your protein??

                                    Message 17 of 21 , Jun 4, 2002
                                      is that an american commercial
                                      adam

                                      >From: "Eduard Alf" <yeoman@...>
                                      >To: <existlist@yahoogroups.com>
                                      >Subject: RE: [existlist] The Beginning
                                      >Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 19:47:33 -0400
                                      >
                                      >Adam,
                                      >
                                      >Such things occur for all sorts of things that we
                                      >consume. There is a commercial from Speedy Glass.
                                      >A father encounters his two boys [one who is
                                      >perhaps 12 and the other about 4] who are playing
                                      >catch with a baseball. The younger one isn't too
                                      >good at catching. The father says, "I know what's
                                      >wrong". He picks up the little boy and places him
                                      >under a large window of the house. It is a window
                                      >made up of three vertical panes, each perhaps 2
                                      >feet wide and 4 feet high. Then he goes to the
                                      >older boy and says to him, "Lets try the curve
                                      >ball", or something like that. The obvious
                                      >objective is to break the window so that Speedy
                                      >Glass can repair it. I am not sure, but I think
                                      >that there are Air Miles or something as an
                                      >incentive. The whole thing is stupid, but shows
                                      >our priorities. Surely someone must realise that
                                      >the little boy is going to be showered with glass.
                                      >Of course there is a small note at the bottom of
                                      >the TV screen which states, "Speedy Glass does not
                                      >promote the breaking of glass". Like, Hello ...
                                      >what is this commercial about.
                                      >
                                      >eduard

                                    • Eduard Alf
                                      Message 18 of 21 , Jun 4, 2002
                                        Adam,

                                        I don't know if the commercial is shown in the US,
                                        but it is a US firm ...

                                        http://www.windshields.com/

                                        >Such things occur for all sorts of things that we
                                        >consume. There is a commercial from Speedy Glass.
                                        >A father encounters his two boys [one who is
                                        >perhaps 12 and the other about 4] who are playing
                                        >catch with a baseball. The younger one isn't too
                                        >good at catching. The father says, "I know
                                        what's
                                        >wrong". He picks up the little boy and places
                                        him
                                        >under a large window of the house. It is a
                                        window
                                        >made up of three vertical panes, each perhaps 2
                                        >feet wide and 4 feet high. Then he goes to the
                                        >older boy and says to him, "Lets try the curve
                                        >ball", or something like that. The obvious
                                        >objective is to break the window so that Speedy
                                        >Glass can repair it. I am not sure, but I think
                                        >that there are Air Miles or something as an
                                        >incentive. The whole thing is stupid, but shows
                                        >our priorities. Surely someone must realise that
                                        >the little boy is going to be showered with
                                        glass.
                                        >Of course there is a small note at the bottom of
                                        >the TV screen which states, "Speedy Glass does
                                        not
                                        >promote the breaking of glass". Like, Hello ...
                                        >what is this commercial about.
                                        >
                                        >eduard
                                      • adam robertson
                                        Message 19 of 21 , Jun 4, 2002
                                          well i bodybuild, so how do i work around that, when im in constant need of
                                          a protein source.
                                          Adam

                                        • damiensscreename@aol.com
                                          Message 20 of 21 , Jun 4, 2002
                                            Maybe not everyone is perfect for a vegan diet. I do know some people who
                                            are vegan that bodybuild, but they take supplements like creatine and things
                                            like that. If you're interested in health, then eating meat is a lot
                                            healthier than creatine. As far as protein gos for my needs I am more than
                                            satisfied eating soy, beans, wheat gluten (also called wheat meat) and other
                                            things. In fact most people get too much protein. As a vegan it's very
                                            simple to get enough protein, the things you have to make sure you are
                                            getting enough of are calcium, iron and vitamin B12 which can all be included
                                            as long as you eat a variety of things. I haven't really noticed any health
                                            changes for better or worse although I have been told that a vegan diet is
                                            better for the immune system. I do feel much better as a person though,
                                            being vegan for me is not so much a challenge but something to keep me
                                            interested. It doesn't hinder me at all, in fact I love being vegan. If you
                                            have any questions about it feel free to ask.
                                            Damien
                                          • Eduard Alf
                                            Message 21 of 21 , Jun 4, 2002
                                              Damien,

                                              thankyou for the info. I shall have to do some
                                              reading first and then perhaps get back to the
                                              subject. I can see the need to get off meat,
                                              considering all the stuff they throw into it
                                              now-a-days.