Re: Selfish

  • daniel_needles
    Message 1 of 156 , May 30, 2002
      This is interesting. My understanding is enthropy is the tendency for
      things to spread and normalize -- become flat.

      I would say the complexity arrizing from multiple languages has
      actually increased. Otherwise you could say the same thing about the
      current strata of species. Things were so much more complex when
      there was only a single cell organism.

      Thanks,
      Daniel

      --- In existlist@y..., "nick a" <res0nthw@v...> wrote:
      > > Anyway, NOOism tries to get down to the
      > > fundamental element. If all we are doing is
      > > trying to make our neurons happy, then one could
      > > question why all this religious stuff. In other
      > > words one fantasy is as good as another.
      >
      > It all comes down to the fact that the world has so many different
      > languages... The direct cause of that is the entropy of the
      universe...

      > Why have any fantasies? Why shouldn't everyone just be atheists?
      Its just

      Message 156 of 156 , Feb 3, 2004
        I'm rather upset at present, Eduard, but I'll try to respond.
        This reminds me of Shakespeare's play, The Tempest. It must be the
        spirit, Ariel, I think, who says:
        "We are such stuff as dreams are made on,
        And our little life is rounded with a sleep."
        Louise.

        -- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, eduard at home <yeoman@v...> wrote:
        > Louise,
        >
        > I suppose that a lot is said of old Lewis Carroll. What is
        interesting however, is his description of Alice in Wonderland.
        Specifically that of it being a dream. Just as Alice fell into the
        rabbit hole, so too do we fall* into a dream.

        > eduard

        Am I