RE: [existlist] false october

  • Rajiv Pande
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 21, 2000
      Dear Patty,
      You said:
      "I believe religion is the human answer to an intolerance to accept that
      man's own worst enemy is himself, and to his own necessity to concieve of
      himself as trasendental, beyond this human existance."

      Would you be saying this so that you may stop inquiring into the origins of
      our existence? To put a stop to what you may feel is futile? If that is so
      it is understandable.
      Maybe you have given up, maybe you do not have the time to stop and wonder.

      Then you conclude:
      "Religion in the wide sense of the word is a defense mechanism. So what is
      it that we are so scared of losing?"

      Personally, I find that it is not so much a defense but a source of meaning.
      Let me point out that I do not belong to any religious faith and never will.
      But this does not stop me from inquiring about the meaning of life, in fact
      it gives me more freedom to wonder in a leisurely, unprejudiced way.

      Regards,
      Rajiv
    • Rajiv Pande
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 24, 2000
        Hello all,
        Man can exist and feel safe only in" herds" and religion is an answer to
        that!
        Best wishes
        Vanaja
      • patty duke
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 24, 2000
          --- Rajiv Pande <VANAJA@...> wrote:
          > Hello all,
          > Man can exist and feel safe only in" herds" and
          > religion is an answer to
          > that!
          > Best wishes
          > Vanaja

          Hi People,
          I think Vanajas idea is a bit more aproximated to what
          I was trying to explain, but that doesn't mean that
          it's depreciable--just a part of its nature (man's and
          religion's).
          Later!
          -Patty

          http://im.yahoo.com/