Re: [existlist] Digest Number 173

  • Stephanie
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 15, 2000
      --- Randy Zeitman <randzman@...> wrote:
      > >Message: 2
      > > Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 14:25:04 -0700 (PDT)
      > > From: Stephanie <only_fantasy@...>
      > >Subject: Re: More (modified) Truth, Reason & Stuff
      > >
      > >well, "truth is that which is regardless of perception" implies the
      > >existence of an objective truth that need not be perceived and,
      > thus,
      > >is insusceptible to perspective.
      >
      > I don't think it implies it any more than defining a Unicorn implies
      > it objectively exists. There's also no implication that truth needs
      > to be perceived or not.

      right - that's in perfect agreement with what i said. truth "is"
      whether it's perceived or not.

      > All it is to me is a statement that perception, by definition,
      > prevents us from knowing that what we see is truly real
      > (being-in-itself) and any conclusion we make about our reality isn't
      > truly a truth.

      any conclusion that we make *solely* based on perception is necessarily
      subject to flaws. but i think our perceptions contribute to finding
      truth, not prevent it.

      > - Zeitman

      =====
      ~Stephanie

      Yahoo! Mail � Free email you can access from anywhere!
      http://mail.yahoo.com/
    • Stephanie
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 15, 2000
        no, i don't think having a definition of the word "unicorn" gives any
        substance to the truth that there exists such a creature as a unicorn.
        the unicorn is a perfect example of how the lack of perception prevents
        us from establishing a truth.

        =====