Re: [existlist] Digest Number 173

  • Amber Leigh Griffioen
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 15, 2000
      Randy Zeitman <randzman@...> writes:

      > I don't think it implies it any more than defining a Unicorn implies
      > it objectively exists. There's also no implication that truth needs
      > to be perceived or not.

      Ah, but DOES defining a Unicorn mean it objectively exists? Sounds pretty
      Platonic to me! Are we talking world of ideas here? Or does it "subsist"? Just
      curious!

      Uh-oh...ontological debate coming on...*smile*

      Amber

      * * * * * * * * * * * * *
      "I am no bird; and no net ensnares me; I am a free human being with an
      independent will, which I now exert to leave you." -Jane Eyre
      * * * * * * * * * * * * *
      Amber Griffioen
      griffioe@...
      amber_griffs@...
      http://www.geocities.com/amber_griffs
    • Stephanie
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 15, 2000
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 15, 2000
          no, i don't think having a definition of the word "unicorn" gives any
          substance to the truth that there exists such a creature as a unicorn.
          the unicorn is a perfect example of how the lack of perception prevents
          us from establishing a truth.

          =====