Greetings! I'm new to the list...

  • Stephanie
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 12, 2000
      My name is Stephanie and I am a currently-off, somtimes-on student of
      Philosophy; my special interest is Existentialism and what I call
      literary philosophers, such as Sartre, de Beauvoir, Camus, Kundera,
      Rand and Pirsig.

      I found my way to the list through C.S. Wyatt's Existentialism site and
      have read through this month's messages. Your discussion on truth has
      really piqued my interest. With that, I'd like to jump right into the
      discussion.

      I agree that "Truth is that which is regarldless of perception".
      Previously it was said that "Truth lies in the ability to modify your
      behaviour in accordence with your truth." A bit of tinkering gives us:
      "Reason is the ability to modify your beliefs in accordance with
      truth."

      Thoughts? Suggestions?

      =====
      ~Stephanie

      Yahoo! Mail � Free email you can access from anywhere!
      http://mail.yahoo.com/