Re: [existlist] Flat Earth and Truth, yet another draft! :-)

  • patty duke
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 11, 2000
      Man, we've really gone around this
      thing...TTRRRUUUUTH! Now I think what we need to
      mention is that ethical aspect of ourselves, that part
      of us that has to in fact chose HOW to interact with
      the world in front of us, I think you've touched what
      we might call the limits of this subject, since to be
      ethical we need to act in accordance with what is held
      to be truth.
      Maybe it's somewhat distant from what we might call
      "factual truth", getting closer to what we'd have to
      undeniably call "convictions", but either way is has
      to do with the same thing...when you "know" something
      is a certain way, I believe it's part of our ethical
      system to act in accordance with that. But what about
      subjective reality, once more? I can't deny someone
      elses truth, for which it's hard to make value
      judgments on it; but at the same time, I can't deny
      what is to be my own truth.
      Does anyone else get the feeling things get a bit
      complicated here?

      http://invites.yahoo.com/