Flat Earth and Truth, yet another draft! :-)

  • Jack Darach
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 11, 2000
      Thanks for another reply, which has yet again made me re-think what
      I said.

      Here is another version, getting any better?
      :->

      McDuff says, 'I'm going to sail off the edge of the world.'
      He makes this choice, but because of the way the world is
      the choice was never really open to him.

      Truth does not lie in an objective world, or a set of
      objective facts. It lies in our interaction with the world.

      McDuff had an ideaof the truth, that the truth was 'the world is
      flat'.
      When he interacted with the world he discovered that no
      edge could be found, and so his truth changed. This change
      was due to his interaction with the world.

      Truth lies in the ability to modify your behaviour in
      accordence with your truth. To act upon it.
      This modifaction of behaviour expresses a relaionship with
      the world that I call truth.

      Any comments, suggestions?

      Jack