Re: [existlist]

  • patty duke
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 9, 2000
      I believe humor, the joke form, is of the most pure
      forms of expression of ideas, attitudes and the such
      that are most usually socially controlled.
      When a person makes a joke or uses language in the
      ironic or pun form, they are using words to reveal
      some aspect which may not be revealed in other forms,
      whether it be due to unawareness (unconcious desires)
      or because of social tabu.
      Humor is an instrument for man to aleviate tension
      around and/or uncover a certain subject, permissibly,
      through language.

      http://invites.yahoo.com/