  • Misam Abbas
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 9, 2000

      Is there a philosophy of humor ? What makes a thing humorous ? Is it necessary for all humor to have a puerile component ? I would very much appreciate any views or any links on this subject.

      Humor is vast deviation from what is considered normal (we laugh at very tall, very short , very fat etc.) , or if somebody is very dumb , blonde jokes , then things taboo are often humorous (sick jokes) , lingusitic humor (unnecessarily long winded statements, innovative use of words) , puns etc.

      Anyway I am quite intrigued by this and would appreciate a serious discussion on humor.

      p.s. I have tried to keep this mail humorless , only the last sentence makes a slight attempt at humor (contradictions, again can be humorous)