Re: Colours of the Rainbow

  • T Brooks
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 29, 1999
      Comrade Charles,

      You stated that: "Of course, as an existentialist, I believe he is free to
      choose any and all of these options." Indeed, we can in the end choose any
      option but we may make wrong choices. Sartre's "Existentialism and Human
      Emotion" makes the clear the case that while a person can, in the end, do
      what they wish, they may be quite wrong in doing so.

      Thom Brooks
      Dept of Philosophy
      University College Dublin
      Dublin, Ireland