RE: [existlist] The truth about Israel - This is not Junk mail!!!!!

  • Eduard Alf
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 10, 2002
      Tom,

      He may have dropped the Nazi bit as well as the KKK, but the "National Assn
      for the Advancement of White People" tells a lot. My ancestry is German,
      and the "White People" bit is kinda catchy, especially when it is white
      people with blue eyes and blonde hair [well, it is gray now, but once was
      blonde]. But the reality is that such a concept is too monolithic, and
      things that are monolithic are weak. Besides, where is the fun in everyone
      being the same. I would much rather belong to the "National Assn for the
      Advancement of People".

      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 10, 2002
        tommy,

        thanks for the info. it seems duke's character leave much to be desired for
        public office.

        james.

        From: Tom Hickcox <cometkazie1@...>
        To: existlist@yahoogroups.com
        mail!!!!!
        Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 16:00:30 -0500

        At 12:52 4/10/02, james tan wrote:

        >thanks for the info. to think he is still wearing the nazi outfits these
        >days. fancy that. so, is he a popular guy in america, or least in
        louisiana?
        >did he get any votes?
        >
        >james.

        No, he dropped the Nazi bit as well as the KKK when he formed the National
        Assn for the Advancement of White People 20+ years ago.

        He was the state representative for at least one term from a district in
        Metairie, a suburb of New Orleans. He ran for governor in '91 [I think] &
        made the runoff. Here in Louisiana we have an open primary system so the
        top two vote-getters in the primary have a runoff, unless one gets a
        majority the first time around. What usually happens is a right-wing & a
        left-wing candidate make the runoffs in state-wide races.

        Duke made the news about a year ago as the tax people were looking at how
        he used contributions for personal expenses, but for the most part he has
        been below the radar. My understanding is he is cultivating support in the
        former USSR, basically via anti-Semitism.

        We have state elections next year & I have not seen anything about him
        running for anything.

        Tommy

      • Tom Hickcox
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 11, 2002
          At 21:20 4/10/02, James Tan wrote:

          >tommy,
          >
          >thanks for the info. it seems duke's character leave much to be desired for
          >public office.
          >
          >james.

          That doesn't seem to bother the Louisiana electorate at all.

          Tommy
        • Eduard Alf
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 11, 2002
            Tommy,

            I guess that says a lot about the Louisiana electorate.

            >thanks for the info. it seems duke's character leave much to be desired
            for
            >public office.
            >
            >james.

            That doesn't seem to bother the Louisiana electorate at all.

            Tommy

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          • Harry Procter
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 14, 2002
              unsubscribe
            • Eduard Alf
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 14, 2002
                Harry,

                If you want to unsubscribe ... scroll below and see the method