Sv: [existlist] Prooving thoughts (?)

  • Yulian K. Gaard
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 3, 2002
      Dear Biggie,

      You and a turtle is racing eachother; The turtle starts 1 second before you and actually WIN the race [assuming that the turtle keeps moving in the right direction and dosent just stop] ...

      So, why is that ? Once you've run the piece of way that the turtle had in advance, the turlet is still slightly ahead of you. When you've run that piece of way, the turtle have come even further, ...

      Through playing with words I've actually prooven something which seems completeley silly. Further, according to several philosophers, philosophy is not concerned with empirical proofs - just because you havent fallen THROUGH the earth yet, dosent mean it cant happen next time you take a step. Just as because you've seen 1000 white swans, dosent mean that there dosent exist black ones.

      Now for the materially; http://www.sciam.com/explorations/122297teleport/index.html
      There and from links there you'll have enough authoroties saying that the matrial bounderies are not fully true.

      If a tree falls in the forest and noone hears, does it then have a sound ? - that question would also be completeley silly if we mereley thought about particles.

      So, lets see ... out body, especially out head, where alot of electrical stuff happens [according to nerobiologists] create a weak electrical field all around. Obviously, as this field is created both buy our body and our mind, altering any of those can alter the field. This field is altering the surroundings "physically" through electrical energy.
      - there you go, one explanation.

      Now, I'd still be thrilled to hear why society always have a need to see proof before they even dare trying something ? I believe you missed that in your answer.

      I much appologice for the sarcastic tone in this letter, I can only hope that the point went through; I do not need to explain for two reasons.
      1. Because I dont care if people believe in what I say or not.
      2. You'd need to try very hard to find a way to proove things which havent been shown "invalid" already.

      Blessings, and stay bright.

      Try to smile of my wierdness and find it refreshing instead, that should help alot. *this* is my purpose in sending this letter, to put a smile on your face.

      "Love is the Law, Love under Will."

      Blessings
      Yulian

      Respectfully submitted.

      " Magic is a way of life. "
    • George Walton
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 4, 2002
        Yulian,

        You have made your point and I mine. I feel quite
        justified, however, in suggesting I would be wasting
        my valuable time [and, I'm sure, yours as well]
        pursuing this any further. You are free, however, to
        contact the other members of this fine establishment
        and have them contact me, in turn, in order to assure
        me I am completely missing the point of your
        extraordinarily unique and engrossing philosophical
        rejoinders.

        Turtle on, my friend.

        Biggie

        --- "Yulian K. Gaard" <ccc61261@...>
        wrote:

        > Dear Biggie,
        >
        > You and a turtle is racing eachother; The turtle
        > starts 1 second before you and actually WIN the race
        > [assuming that the turtle keeps moving in the right
        > direction and dosent just stop] ...
        >
        > So, why is that ? Once you've run the piece of way
        > that the turtle had in advance, the turlet is still
        > slightly ahead of you. When you've run that piece of
        > way, the turtle have come even further, ...
        >
        > Through playing with words I've actually prooven
        > something which seems completeley silly. Further,
        > according to several philosophers, philosophy is not
        > concerned with empirical proofs - just because you
        > havent fallen THROUGH the earth yet, dosent mean it
        > cant happen next time you take a step. Just as
        > because you've seen 1000 white swans, dosent mean
        > that there dosent exist black ones.
        >
        > Now for the materially;

        http://www.sciam.com/explorations/122297teleport/index.html
        > There and from links there you'll have enough
        > authoroties saying that the matrial bounderies are
        > not fully true.
        >
        > If a tree falls in the forest and noone hears, does
        > it then have a sound ? - that question would also be
        > completeley silly if we mereley thought about
        > particles.
        >
        > So, lets see ... out body, especially out head,
        > where alot of electrical stuff happens [according to
        > nerobiologists] create a weak electrical field all
        > around. Obviously, as this field is created both buy
        > our body and our mind, altering any of those can
        > alter the field. This field is altering the
        > surroundings "physically" through electrical energy.
        > - there you go, one explanation.
        >
        > Now, I'd still be thrilled to hear why society
        > always have a need to see proof before they even
        > dare trying something ? I believe you missed that in
        > your answer.
        >
        > I much appologice for the sarcastic tone in this
        > letter, I can only hope that the point went through;
        > I do not need to explain for two reasons.
        > 1. Because I dont care if people believe in what I
        > say or not.
        > 2. You'd need to try very hard to find a way to
        > proove things which havent been shown "invalid"
        > already.
        >
        > Blessings, and stay bright.
        >
        > Try to smile of my wierdness and find it refreshing
        > instead, that should help alot. *this* is my purpose
        > in sending this letter, to put a smile on your face.
        >
        > "Love is the Law, Love under
        > Will."
        >
        > Blessings
        > Yulian
        >

        > Respectfully submitted.
        >

        > " Magic is a way of life. "

        http://taxes.yahoo.com/
      • Tim Arnold
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 4, 2002
          extraordinary, to be sure.

          Gleinich

          wrote:

          > Dear Biggie,
          >
          > You and a turtle is racing eachother; The turtle
          > starts 1 second before you and actually WIN the race
          > [assuming that the turtle keeps moving in the right
          > direction and dosent just stop] ...
          >
          > So, why is that ? Once you've run the piece of way
          > that the turtle had in advance, the turlet is still
          > slightly ahead of you. When you've run that piece of
          > way, the turtle have come even further, ...
          >
          > Through playing with words I've actually prooven
          > something which seems completeley silly. Further,
          > according to several philosophers, philosophy is not
          > concerned with empirical proofs - just because you
          > havent fallen THROUGH the earth yet, dosent mean it
          > cant happen next time you take a step. Just as
          > because you've seen 1000 white swans, dosent mean
          > that there dosent exist black ones.
          >
          > Now for the materially;

          http://www.sciam.com/explorations/122297teleport/index.html
          > There and from links there you'll have enough
          > authoroties saying that the matrial bounderies are
          > not fully true.
          >
          > If a tree falls in the forest and noone hears, does
          > it then have a sound ? - that question would also be
          > completeley silly if we mereley thought about
          > particles.
          >
          > So, lets see ... out body, especially out head,
          > where alot of electrical stuff happens [according to
          > nerobiologists] create a weak electrical field all
          > around. Obviously, as this field is created both buy
          > our body and our mind, altering any of those can
          > alter the field. This field is altering the
          > surroundings "physically" through electrical energy.
          > - there you go, one explanation.
          >
          > Now, I'd still be thrilled to hear why society
          > always have a need to see proof before they even
          > dare trying something ? I believe you missed that in
          > your answer.
          >
          > I much appologice for the sarcastic tone in this
          > letter, I can only hope that the point went through;
          > I do not need to explain for two reasons.
          > 1. Because I dont care if people believe in what I
          > say or not.
          > 2. You'd need to try very hard to find a way to
          > proove things which havent been shown "invalid"
          > already.
          >
          > Blessings, and stay bright.
          >
          > Try to smile of my wierdness and find it refreshing
          > instead, that should help alot. *this* is my purpose
          > in sending this letter, to put a smile on your face.
          >
          > "Love is the Law, Love under
          > Will."
          >
          > Blessings
          > Yulian
          >

          > Respectfully submitted.
          >

          > " Magic is a way of life. "

          http://taxes.yahoo.com/

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=215002.1954253.3462811.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705
          689216:HM/A=1000239/R=0/*http://ads.x10.com/?bHlhaG9vaG0xLmRhd=101795964
          1%3eM=215002.1954253.3462811.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705689216:HM/A=10002
          39/R=1>

          <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=215002.1954253.3462811.1261774/D=egrou
          pmail/S=1705689216:HM/A=1000239/rand=695521839>

          <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .