New poll for existlist

  • existlist@egroups.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 19, 2000
      Enter your vote today! Check out the new poll for the existlist
      group:

      Despite your current beliefs would you
      find a bit more security in
      knowing/believing that there was a God
      or some higher being who has a divine
      plan?

      o Yes
      o No
      o Unsure

      http://www.egroups.com/polls/existlist

      not collected via email. To vote, you must go to the eGroups
      web site listed above.

      Thanks!
    • existlist@yahoogroups.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 19, 2001
        existlist group:

        Of these choices, which "existential"
        or "pre-existential" thinker most
        influences your world view?

        o Heidegger
        o Jaspers
        o Kierkegaard
        o Nietzsche
        o Sartre

        web site listed above.

        Thanks!
      • thebookdoc@aol.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 19, 2001
          > o Heidegger
          > o Jaspers
          > o Kierkegaard
          > o Nietzsche
          > o Sartre

          My choice is not on this list. Can you add Beckett? While not
          strictly a 'philosopher' the result for me was more eye-opening,
          dramatic, thought provoking and interesting than reading any of
          these. Actually my second wouldn't be on this list either...Nor,
          perhaps, my third.

          And now 'duard will ask me to explain myself, and we will have a
          discussion of potential food groups and virtual humans.

          RLLLcantsee

        • Edward Alf
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 19, 2001
            folks,

            looks like i cant enter through the url ... anyway, i dont see
            any of people as being the most influential to my world view ...

            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 20, 2001
              RL et RL,

              yes, i want an explanation ... i want to know why you did not
              mention blue clams for this list ... and snails (is that all
              snails or are you making an exception of French snails) ... and
              dead people ...

              have fun ...

              eduard
              ... and its "eduard" and not 'duard ... once more, and we
              will come down and burn Washington like we did in 1812 ...

            • t_brabbit@yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 20, 2001
                --- In existlist@y..., existlist@y... wrote:

                > existlist group:
                >
                > Of these choices, which "existential"
                > or "pre-existential" thinker most
                > influences your world view?
                >
                > o Heidegger
                > o Jaspers
                > o Kierkegaard
                > o Nietzsche
                > o Sartre

                Nietzsche really kicked my skinny butt at a feeble-minded age of 17,
                having lost my friends over newly acquired convictions I finally
                recovered, demoted myself to applied, how-to, psychoanalytic books.
                After a few years I got infinitely bored, felt profoundly cheap,
                discovered Sartre, for whose work my brain was/is to undeveloped. At
                the age of 27 discovered Gabriel Marcel, with whom I can spend a few
                afternoon hours, relaxing after working week, giving my thoughts some
                moral coloring, feeling a bit superior to my coworkers for reading
                the "brainy stuff". Sad chronology, isn't it, almost a postmortem.
                S.

                > web site listed above.
                >
                > Thanks!
              • Edward Alf
                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 21, 2001
                  folks,

                  im still having problems using the web page to do a vote ... it
                  wont accept my password ... very strange ... Chris, since i cant
                  get to the page, just put me down for Sartre ... he is a good
                  starting point ...

                  eduard
                • existlist@yahoogroups.com
                  Message 8 of 8 , Nov 12, 2002