Prooving thoughts (?)

  • Yulian K. Gaard
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1 11:24 PM
      Dear "Biggie",

      I am sorry to see that you feel a need for "solid proof", and I'm afraid I dont feel a need to provide any. The only proof that I am willing to give is that it works if you do it while you really believe. One of my favorite quotes is;
      "Never explain, your friends dont need it and your foes wont believe it anyway."

      Now; I have a little thought for you. Why is it that society want proof in the form of empiric investegations or through molecules or other tiny bits put together ? Quantium physics have already shown you over those ways that everything is connected like that, there is the string theory, they have already prooven that all is energy. Yet still, somehow, every hollistic thought, made to practical usage is dismissed by society. Makes me wonder sometimes. Well, as you seem to be interested in proofs, I can only encourage you to figure that out and explain it to me, because I dont know.

      Blessings
      Yulian

      Respectfully submitted.

      " Magic is a way of life. "
    • George Walton
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 3 2:00 PM
        Yulian,

        Hey, you are, of course, free to come in here and
        claim anything you wish. One visit to an insane
        asylum, for example, will confirm points of view far
        more incredulous than yours. And I'm sure all their
        friends will back them up on them too.

        My point, however, is that THIS is a philosophy venue,
        that philosophy uses reason to express a point of view
        and that reason is predicated for the most part on
        certain logical and epistemological rules...constructs
        that are concerned far less with what you claim to
        know and far more on your capacity to demonstrate
        rationally, empiraclly, materially, existentially etc
        that your knowledge is embedded in a firm foundation.
        I could say, for instance, that, "Barry Goldwater was
        a lesbian because more people bought gas from Exxon
        than Texaco on Mondays in Nova Scotia." We can SAY
        anything, eh?

        Well, so much more to the point, I'll tell you why
        most folks do NOT want explanations [especially their
        own] to be backed up by solid evidence. Because then
        they get to believe any preposterous thing they
        please!! There are Christians, for example, who
        WORSHIP and ADORE a God they claim is Loving and Just
        and Merciful despite the fact that this supposedly
        omniscient and omnipotent Creator did absolutely
        nothing at all while, according to the World Health
        Organization, 684 MILLION children aged 5 and younger
        died in agony from starvation in the 20th century
        alone. In fact, here's the closest they come
        to...uh...explaning it: The Big Dude works in
        mysterious ways! I'll say he does, eh?

        When you start talking about the ways of sub-atomic
        particles, I'll cut you a hell of a lot more slack,
        sure. With great big particles like you and me,
        however, I'm going to have to be a tad less obliging,
        okay?

        Now, try it one more time.

        Biggie

        --- "Yulian K. Gaard" <ccc61261@...>