Exersize: Learning about Ballance

  • Yulian K. Gaard
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 31, 2002
      Dear John, Dear All,

      I'm afraid that this will be very little philosophical unless you make it so; You wish to learn about ballance ... Chances are that this wasent what you expected, and again, alot will fail to see the existentialistic thinkign in these things.

      Well, stand on both feet with them about an inch apart - both feet pointing forward. Shift your weight so that it is all on the left foot, without tilting your hips - your hips need to be alligned like water.

      Slowly raise your right foot to place it on your left legs inner tigh. Remember to keep hips "water planed", no lifting one side of hips.

      Place the plams of your hands against eachother in front of you, fingers pointing upwards, thumbs towards you.

      Now, just stand there and maintain ballance without tilting your hips - keep them a plane.

      At first chances are that you'll tilt quite a bit and wobble, making alot of corrections. With practice you'll be able to mainatin ballance with minor corrections of toes - when you go to only needing very subtile corrections, you will find that ballance is not something you need to work for, it is something which is there to begind with - all you need to do is "sink into it."

      Now, apply this line of thinking to your life and the ballances you need to find there and you'll have a philosophy of your own inner being. Peace with yourself and "sinking into" your own inner ballace - just like in the exersize you will, with practice, find taht ballance is your natural state and you will find that all you need to do is sink into it. You'll feel better from it.

      Blessings
      Yulian

      Respectfully submitted.

      " Magic is a way of life. "
    • John Taft
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 1 11:28 AM
        Yulian,

        Your extension of the physical into the existential world seems a bit of a
        stretch to me. However some of it appears in Psychology in the form of
        "grounding" which appears to me a technique of emotional stabilization to
        make a subject whom is undergoing psychotherapy to firmly affix oneself to
        the earth (reality) while the psychiatrist/psychologist is jerking his mind
        around (so that he won't loose it upstairs during this process.)

        John