RE: [existlist] fallenworld12

  • Eduard Alf
    Message 1 of 20 , Mar 21, 2002
      Greg,

      I totally agree. Sorry for my poor interpretation
      of your post. Of course, as you can understand, I
      just cant agree and leave it at that ... the
      discussion is the thing ... :-)

      I have the feeling that much of our sorrow derives
      from the media convincing us that their products
      will solve all our problems and if we get that
      particular product, then we will be instantly
      happy. Like getting that 4 wheel SUV that can
      climb mountains or plow through a foot of snow.
      Most people only need a car that will be able to
      get over the windrow left by the plow at the end
      of their driveway. But there we have a ton of
      SUVs cruising along the interstate using up
      gasoline for nothing more than moving their own
      mass. I hear that Schwartzenegger is going to buy
      that tank he drove in Austria when he was in the
      military. I hate to think about how this example
      will trickle down to the local imitators.