RE: [existlist] Re: Ouestions given

  • james tan
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 6 5:03 AM
      eduard, i gave my opinion, but u seems skeptical about it; do u feel i am a
      fishy guy whose words cannot be taken at face value? joking. but then, where
      is the cynicism in me (or the sentence) that u see?

      james

      From: "Eduard Alf" <yeoman@...>
      To: <existlist@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: RE: [existlist] Re: Ouestions given
      Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 16:27:02 -0500

      james,

      do I detect a bit of cynicism? ... :-)

      From: "Eduard Alf" <yeoman@...>
      To: <existlist@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2002 15:19:39 -0500

      james,

      interesting ... I would offer the following on two of the questions:

      happiness ...

      It depends upon upon what we we view is "happiness". We may be convinced
      by
      the media that happiness comes from owning this kind of car or going on
      this
      kind of vacation. In other words, happiness is set up as something
      special
      that you have to indulge in or acquire. Such happiness does not last.
      The
      car will soon start to rust. The vacation becomes a matter of waiting in
      air terminals and in any case is soon forgotten. The person, who seeks
      happiness in themselves, has much better chance of sustaining happiness
      in
      their life.

      money for space exploration ...

      It is incorrect to say that space exploration has not provided benefit.
      The
      single photo of the earth as seen from the moon was well worth the
      billions
      it took to get it. In order to understand ourselves we have to truly see
      our position within the universe. It is often said that perhaps these
      billions should more appropriately be spent on the poor. But it is not a
      question of "either/or". As Kennedy said, "we have the ability to go to
      the
      moon, and to do the other thing".

      From: "N L" <laxi28@...>
      To: tyjfk@...
      Subject: Re: Ouestions given
      Date: Sat, 02 Mar 2002 18:02:38 +0000

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

    • Eduard Alf
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 6 4:12 PM
        james,

        because your answer only gave a flat statement of
        how beautiful the universe is, without really
        addressing the issue of spending money for space
        exploration ... I took this to be cynicism ...
        might be wrong and if so I apologize ...

        From: "Eduard Alf" <yeoman@...>
        To: <existlist@yahoogroups.com>
        Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 16:27:02 -0500

        james,

        From: "N L" <laxi28@...>
        To: tyjfk@...
        Date: Sat, 02 Mar 2002 18:02:38 +0000

        removed]

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        Our Home:
        (Includes community book list, chat, and
        more.)

        TO UNSUBSCRIBE from this group, send an
        email to:

        Yahoo! Terms of Service.

        removed]

        MSN Photos is the easiest way to share and
        print your photos:

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        Our Home: