Loss of Topic - For JrLyons.

  • Yulian K. Gaard
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2002
      Dear JrLyons.

      This answer will only address your letter "addressed" to me, concerning the "loss of topic" - something that I hope that all do not agree with you in.

      True enough that this is a list intented for the discussing of Existentialist Philosophy, however the list is also what we make of it, and I hope that I am true when I doubt that alot here mind other philosophical topics. If others do find my postings irrelevant and uninteresting, I much hope that they will state that like you did.

      Existentialism is not a clearly defined size, it is ever changing and evolving, and so it should be. Why would you want a 100 year old philosophy at current time, and think that it holds completeley true to society as is ?

      Now, I really do not have any reason to justify my post - but please, look at the last post you made, mentioning "Albert Camus and Christianity by Jean Onimus". Christianety is a religion, much like religions you often see magic in connection with. The question is if you find it a waste of time to find and use new ideas, created for society as is and for improoving life now, or do you just feel like discussing old and other peoples ideas ?

      Alot of the questions concerning Existentialism have alot to do with the influence and workings of a divine force; Kierkegaards ideas difer alot from Satres in part because he believed in a specific working of the divine - christianety. All of Sartres existentialism "stands or fall" with the truth value of his proof that god dosent exist - I could easally start yelling up that it dosent hold true and that it is just his own constructed idea about god that he disproove, in a way where most christians would say that both his proof and his idea about god is wrong. I can state that criticism.

      However, that is not who I am, nor is it who I want to be. Rather than critisise a bunch of old ideas till I turn blue, I'll be presenting new and creative ideas. You might and might not see the existentialistic value in it all - I am sorry to hear that you see no connection between the two, and I dont plan on stressing the connections out. The ideas will not be neither more nor less interesting nomatter if they are connected with old ideas or not.

      I can only tell you; please do feel free to start discussions about the topics that you wish to hear and talk about - if others agree with you, that it is interesting topics, the debating will start running there. So start something new yourself, instead of just stating what others present is wrong and bad.

      Feel free not to consider me serious, feel free to delete every post that you see from me and feel free to critisise my choosing of what to send as you please - I dont mind at all, on the contrary, it will present an opportunity for all who agree with you to say so. It takes strenght to change things and to create something - I can only encourage you to do that, and compliment you on that.

      Blessings
      Yulian

      Respectfully submitted.

      " Magic is a way of life. "