New beginning

  • Ramona Josephson
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 5 4:08 PM
      Where were we? Existentialism contributing to the demise of democracy? Sartre's Being and Nothingness? Something else?

      Mary
    • jimstuart51
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 7 1:28 PM

        Hi Mary,

        I'm sorry I have not posted recently. Busy with other things and also a lack of inspiration  when it comes to existentialist thoughts.

        I also don't like the new Yahoo Groups format which seems to make it more difficult to see recent messages. and all the spam as well is another deterrent to putting pen to paper (to use an out-of-date metaphor).

        I can't recall us discussing that existentialism was contributing to the demise of democracy. Do you think democracy is in decline? And if so, in what sense, if any, is existentialism contributing to the decline? Or, on the other hand, can existentialism contribute to the re-emergence of democracy?

        Jim

        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 9 11:08 AM
          Jim,

          I posed the question with some possibilities in a post before the new format debacle, although I too am busy and not very much inspired to answer my own question. Perhaps I'll focus on your last question and put some thoughts together this week sometime.

          Thanks,
          Mary