Is there anyone paying attention to the spam here?

  • wsindarius
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 2, 2013
      Is there anyone paying attention to the spam here?

      This new format is terrible. What were they thinking?
    • josephson45r
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 2, 2013
        Wil,
        I notified our list owner. Eventually he'll clean it up after he adjusts all the security settings. Hopefully that's easier with the upgrade, but I'm not holding my breath.
        Mary

        --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, <existlist@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        Is there anyone paying attention to the spam here?

        This new format is terrible. What were they thinking?
      • PoetCSW

          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 5, 2013
            Where were we? Existentialism contributing to the demise of democracy? Sartre's Being and Nothingness? Something else?

            Mary
          • jimstuart51
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 7, 2013

              Hi Mary,

              I'm sorry I have not posted recently. Busy with other things and also a lack of inspiration  when it comes to existentialist thoughts.

              I also don't like the new Yahoo Groups format which seems to make it more difficult to see recent messages. and all the spam as well is another deterrent to putting pen to paper (to use an out-of-date metaphor).

              I can't recall us discussing that existentialism was contributing to the demise of democracy. Do you think democracy is in decline? And if so, in what sense, if any, is existentialism contributing to the decline? Or, on the other hand, can existentialism contribute to the re-emergence of democracy?

              Jim

              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 9, 2013
                Jim,

                I posed the question with some possibilities in a post before the new format debacle, although I too am busy and not very much inspired to answer my own question. Perhaps I'll focus on your last question and put some thoughts together this week sometime.

                Thanks,
                Mary