Learning through cooperation

  • Jim
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 8, 2013
      Mary, Eduard,

      I'd like to thank you both for engaging in recent discussions on Sartre's philosophy in such a cooperative and good-natured manner, even when we have shown disagreements with each other and lack of understanding of the other's posts.

      It makes a refreshing change from the norm on the internet, where over-combativeness and points-scoring tends to produce more heat than light.

      Your questioning and probing posts have encouraged me to think carefully about Sartre's arguments and do some detailed reading around the issues. I feel my understanding of Sartre has come on in leaps and bounds in recent days as a result.

      No doubt we shall find it difficult to keep up this level of progress, but at least it shows what can be achieved on a forum like Existlist.

      Jim