Re: [existlist] Re: observation

  • eduardathome
    Message 1 of 171 , Jul 6, 2013
      Jim,

      Which was my point. The bike to be ridden is not nothingness, but rather the availability for which a decision is to be made. But even there I don’t really understand “nothingness”. I am wondering if the word itself adequately relates to the idea of “le néant”. It won’t be the first time. Such as the English title “No Exit” for Sartre’s book “Huis clos”. Anyway, I am studying this to see what it is about.

      Message 171 of 171 , Aug 25, 2013
        It seems to me that we are limited to the qualities and capacities of humanness as supplied by the natural state of being human. Other than that, I personally cannot conceive of a fixed nature or essence.