Re: [existlist] Re: From very small to very large

  • eduardathome
    Message 1 of 171 , Jun 16 2:51 PM
      Jim,

      First of all I must apologize for my comment to Hermit .... “I would suggest that your statement is wrong in the context of this forum”

      I was struggling with that sentence, but still stupidly managed to do it inappropriately. I was trying to express that one has a certain expectation as to the meaning of “information” and the statement of “You and I are ‘information’” is a specialized use of the term beyond the common interpretation. It was inappropriate to say that it was “wrong in the context of this forum”.

      With regard to your email, I am sorry if it seems tedious. However, if what we do, think and how we behave is a functioning of the brain [I can’t see how it would be otherwise] then this would include normative or prescriptive connotations. Or one might very well ask what normative or prescriptive connotations or the “more to life” is not a functioning of the brain??

      Message 171 of 171 , Aug 25, 2013
        It seems to me that we are limited to the qualities and capacities of humanness as supplied by the natural state of being human. Other than that, I personally cannot conceive of a fixed nature or essence.