Re: [existlist] Re: From very small to very large

  • eduardathome
    Message 1 of 171 , Jun 13, 2013
      I did not expect to convince anyone. People are just reluctant to go there and recognize that this is the way they actually think. Whereas it is indeed the way humans think as well the other sentient beings on the planet who have some for neural network. We just don’t want to know that our thinking can is formulated in some fashion.

      The 1990s was designated as the decade of the brain. But that period has come and gone, and most people are still fixed on the 1900s or earlier when the brain was largely a mystery ... I suppose because in some fashion they are more comfortable there.

      By the way, if you look up “brain’ you will note that “electrochemical” is used. The term “bio” relates to “life” and biochemical could mean anything that is chemical and associated with living beings. Like the biosphere. Electrochemical is specific to neural activity and is the proper term just as is Electroencephalography (EEG) which measures electrical activity in the brain. Or maybe you want doctors to now speak of bioencephalography.

      Message 171 of 171 , Aug 25, 2013
        It seems to me that we are limited to the qualities and capacities of humanness as supplied by the natural state of being human. Other than that, I personally cannot conceive of a fixed nature or essence.