Re: [existlist] Re: more nothing

  • eduardathome
    Message 1 of 43 , May 12, 2013
      I should think that the anxiety is not about some “gap” but the thought of the actual absence of something.

      The “Leprechauns” is the childs’ brain’s attempt to give explanation for the absence. The brain is designed to do that sort of thing. The problem is that, as adults, we have done away with Leprechauns and such, so there isn’t an easy explanation which the brain can come up with. The brain is at a loss and cannot adequately perform its role ... thus anxiety.

      Message 43 of 43 , Jun 2, 2013
        Although it isn’t a philosophy but only a tool, there are a ton of influences which lead to Nooism. The primary influence, however, was the brain surgery I underwent when I was in my early 40s.

        In any case, I don’t think that one can truly engage a philosopher X’s ideas without some understanding of the influences. I don’t see it otherwise. Why Sartre came up with Being and Nothingness is as important as the philosophy itself.