Re: Poking at nothing (Why Does The World Exist?)

    Message 1 of 21 , Apr 16, 2013
      You understand the grand scheme of things so that you can dismiss any questions about it?

      > Is it really important in the grand scheme of things??
    • Jim
      Message 2 of 21 , Apr 17, 2013
        Mary,

        Good to hear you are well into Holt's book.

        I have decided to read Krauss's book first as it seems more focussed on the science, so I thought I'd try to understand the new scientific theories about the start of the universe before tackling the philosophical issues which, I guess, get more attention in Holt's book.

        I am not very far into Krauss's book, so I'll do a few more days reading before venturing to discuss his ideas.

        Hopefully we can get a good discussion going in a short while.

        Jim
      • eduardathome
        Message 3 of 21 , Apr 18, 2013
          It isn't that I understand the grand scheme of things. I am simply putting
          the question as to whether a focus on "nothingness" is of any importance.
          Its a question.

          In the next moment in which you decide what you will choose to do, does
          "nothingness" have any part in that decision. I doubt it.