Re: [existlist] Re: Guantanamo

  • Peter ciccariello
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 26, 2013
      Jim,

      I think that is the point. There is no logic, reason or rationale here...
      it is pure and unadulterated repressive absurdity, and for those inmates,
      what is left to do but try to regain a form of dignity as per Fanon through
      violence. In this case the only remaining target, oneself. I am so troubled
      with this, and cannot help but ponder Kafka's "hunger artist"

      - Peter

      --
      New work gallery - http://invisiblenotes.blogspot.com/
      Poetry and writing - http://poemsfromprovidence.blogspot.com/

      You can find my art and writing updates on Twitter
      https://twitter.com/ciccariello

      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 27, 2013
        Not to mention MSNBC (owned by GE) also airs prison documentaries while being in the prison and security business. So not only does Foucault's business of creating delinquency come to mind, but apropos Peter's comment about Kafka's Starving Artist, one might also, not so cynically, envision a reality series which imitates that cruel voyeurism wherein viewers can vote for which inmate can go all the way and 'win' the competition of Best Starving Artist.