Re: [existlist] Re: ditch Krauss, read Deutsch

  • wsindarius
    Message 1 of 77 , Mar 24 6:37 AM
      I'll give it a look.

      Thanks,
      Wil

      -----Original Message-----
      From: existlist <hermitcrab65@...>
      To: existlist <existlist@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Sun, Mar 24, 2013 7:17 am
      Subject: [existlist] Re: ditch Krauss, read Deutsch

      > Response from Wil:
      As I said, I like Krauss' book and I like him, especially his talks. In fact, he will be here in a few weeks to discuss this very book, and I will be present. My problem with his statements has nothing to do with his manner of doing science; it has to do with his unfortunate dismissal of philosophy and his misunderstanding of ontology.

      ===
      h: What a fine salesman is Krauss. He's so clever to diss philosophers and theologicans to sell a few books, creating a pretend feud just for publicity. Now *that* really *is* something out of Nothing!!

      Have you read David Deutsch? I can't say I understand everything he goes on about but he is MUCH more optimistic than Krauss and I've been a fan of his for years after reading Fabric of Reality. You caused me to take The Beginning of Infinity (his latest) off the shelf last night to reread some sections. Ditch Krauss and read Deutsch!!

      h.

    • wsindarius
      Message 77 of 77 , May 18, 2013
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/wil_sinda/8751648669/in/photostream