Re: [existlist] Re: Bill Dings, Nothings and What's Never?

  • wsindarius
    Message 1 of 77 , Mar 22, 2013
      Sorry, Mr. Knott. I had no intention of being a bore.

      "Well, I'm not convinced that anything is. But I am also sure that there are plenty of ways for creating models where something can come of nothing -- simplest being that a something and its opposite are created... the sun and its black hole for example. I am sure that is too simple, and it is just an example... but it isn't tremendously offensive mathematically and logistically. Things get created in imagination all the time...it can be argued that it is nothing or not technically something, but at the same time I think you can argue it is the whole of the universe at the same time."

      Response: I personally do not think that there can has ever been a literal Nothing. There can not have been Nothing. Something has always been the case. Yet, Being has Nothing in its core. Even the cessaton of one's presence indicates it. When someone says Being, or when some says Nothing, in the profoundest sense that someone does not know what (s)he is talking about.

      Thanks,
      Wil

    • wsindarius
      Message 77 of 77 , May 18, 2013