Re: Bill Dings, Nothings and What's Never?

  • fictiveparrot
    Message 1 of 77 , Mar 22, 2013
      Bill exits.
      Dick.dick finally gives us deserved rest.
      Will decides his will is strengthened... and portends his alphaness...
      and from the depths of my despair le Duard re-enters the stage and says something I agree with?

      > I doubt that it is valid to make such a sweeping statement.

      What an interesting re-ordering of the universe... Now from the shadows we'll dig up Trinidad and a new age of angst can be born. Or borne.

      > So the question isn't even how something can
      > come from 'nothing', but how
      > anything can be at all.

      Well, I'm not convinced that anything is. But I am also sure that there are plenty of ways for creating models where something can come of nothing -- simplest being that a something and its opposite are created... the sun and its black hole for example. I am sure that is too simple, and it is just an example... but it isn't tremendously offensive mathematically and logistically. Things get created in imagination all the time...it can be argued that it is nothing or not technically something, but at the same time I think you can argue it is the whole of the universe at the same time.

      Imagine That
    • wsindarius
      Message 77 of 77 , May 18, 2013
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/wil_sinda/8751648669/in/photostream