Re: [existlist] Building a better rationality

  • wsindarius
    Message 1 of 77 , Mar 18, 2013
      Yes, quite.

      I offer a basic proof that one is more than particulate determinism: the event of me saying so is itself the moment of its demonstration. It may be the only thing that really makes it so, in fact. My statement regarding myself as more than 'this', or other than 'that', etc., is the event of its actuality. And only insofar as I then am a consequence of that event in the making (as Badiou says with regard to art, love, politics, and science), can I make of that truth a demand, incontestable and inviolable.

      This was precisely what was elided in Heidegger's phenomenology, one might almost say 'repressed'. The existentialia or 'categories' were for him findings. But they are also kernels of power, power that is otherwise turned back on us as bio-power and state-corporate exploitation.

      Wil

      Message 77 of 77 , May 18, 2013
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/wil_sinda/8751648669/in/photostream

        http://www.flickr.com/photos/wil_sinda/8752770770/in/photostream