Re: Question for Mary -- read ths one!

  • Jim
    Message 1 of 77 , Mar 18, 2013
      Wil,

      Yes, I think your diagnosis of the current malaise is spot on.

      Many of those nominally on the side of progress and rationality are reacting against the dominant irrationality of rampant capitalism and religious fundamentalism with the false rationality of reductionism and mechanical materialism. In this situation of false opposites, it is difficult to hear or raise the voice for what you characterise as a `person-oriented world'.

      Let us hope that that enlightened voice of existentialism can be heard here, with the wholehearted engagement of existential questions which Mary has spoken about.

      Jim

      P.S. You asked about Dick. If you had seen recent posts here you will have seen that Louise had passed on the news that Dick has also died – coincidently on the same day as Bill, also from a heart attack. That guy (was he called Tom?) who used to post here and promote Carl Jung's theory of synchronicities would have had a field day with this coincidence.
    • wsindarius
      Message 77 of 77 , May 18, 2013
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/wil_sinda/8751648669/in/photostream

        http://www.flickr.com/photos/wil_sinda/8752770770/in/photostream