Bhanu, preening, Up-goer

  • hermit crab
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 12 6:16 AM
      On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 4:06 AM, Bhanu Padmo <greenbhanu@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > [...] one is being actually *preened*

      In what ways is one being preened?
      I am reading and trying to understand what you are about but you don't
      write in plain English.

      You ought to check this out:

      http://splasho.com/upgoer5/
      THE UP-GOER FIVE TEXT EDITOR CAN YOU EXPLAIN A HARD IDEA USING ONLY THE TEN
      HUNDRED MOST USED WORDS? IT'S NOT VERY EASY.
      h.

    • Bhanu Padmo
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 12 11:21 AM
        hermit!

        I admit it is a sort of shorthand. It happens in haste while trying to deliver more than needed.

        About *preening*, it is about the collectivistic policies that may bring good to an individual in the long run.

        (Bhanu)

        --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, hermit crab <hermitcrab65@...> wrote:

        > On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 4:06 AM, Bhanu Padmo <greenbhanu@...> wrote:
        >
        > > **
        > >

        > > [...] one is being actually *preened*
        > >

        > In what ways is one being preened?
        > I am reading and trying to understand what you are about but you don't
        > write in plain English.
        >
        > You ought to check this out:
        >
        > http://splasho.com/upgoer5/
        > THE UP-GOER FIVE TEXT EDITOR CAN YOU EXPLAIN A HARD IDEA USING ONLY THE TEN
        > HUNDRED MOST USED WORDS? IT'S NOT VERY EASY.
        > h.

      • existlist
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 12 3:15 PM
          Okay, I will keep listening and perhaps I will learn something.

          h.

          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 12 8:42 PM
            One is groomed by the collective, but one preens oneself. Groom makes more sense if done by others like animals which groom one another for the health of both the individual and the group. Preening has a sexual attraction or vanity connotation, whereas one is groomed for other social purposes.

            Mary

            --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "Bhanu Padmo" <greenbhanu@...> wrote:

            > hermit!
            >
            > I admit it is a sort of shorthand. It happens in haste while trying to deliver more than needed.
            >
            > About *preening*, it is about the collectivistic policies that may bring good to an individual in the long run.
            >
            > (Bhanu)
            >
            > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, hermit crab <hermitcrab65@> wrote:
            > >
            > > On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 4:06 AM, Bhanu Padmo <greenbhanu@> wrote:
            > >
            > > > **
            > > >

            > > > [...] one is being actually *preened*
            > > >

            > > In what ways is one being preened?
            > > I am reading and trying to understand what you are about but you don't
            > > write in plain English.
            > >
            > > You ought to check this out:
            > >
            > > http://splasho.com/upgoer5/
            > > THE UP-GOER FIVE TEXT EDITOR CAN YOU EXPLAIN A HARD IDEA USING ONLY THE TEN
            > > HUNDRED MOST USED WORDS? IT'S NOT VERY EASY.
            > > h.

          • Bhanu Padmo
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 13 2:08 AM
              Higher grammatical sense is always welcome. Thanks, Mary!

              (Bhanu)

              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 13 1:08 PM
                That's not to say preening doesn't have its function for the purpose of temporary or permanent pair bonding. I generally associate preening with vanity and grooming with brainwashing. But in either case, do individuals who differentiate themselves or acquire such genetically have an advantage or disadvantage, personally or for the collective? I'm sure Darwin had something to say about all this, but all I can remember about evolution is that variation has survival advantages for mating but mutations can also be a disadvantage. Perhaps I'm mixing volitional differences with genetic ones. The existentialists placed great emphasis on creating one's essence and seemed to disregard our limits which are often predetermined genetically.

                Mary

                --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, Bhanu Padmo <greenbhanu@...> wrote:

                > Higher grammatical sense is always welcome. Thanks, Mary!
                >
                > (Bhanu)

              • existlist
                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 14 7:06 AM
                  The existentialists placed great emphasis on creating one's essence and seemed to disregard our limits which are often predetermined genetically.

                  > Mary

                  ===
                  Yeah, that is an important point. The fact that any of us find the topic of existentialism interesting at all is most likely due to our 'personalities' predetermined by genetics.

                  h.