Re: [existlist] Re: The Sunset Limited

  • hermit crab
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 8, 2013
      Oh, I see now, Mary, that your link was the same text by William Quirk that
      I sent.
      I reread it anyway. Interesting stuff.
      Here's William Quirk: http://www.american.edu/cas/faculty/quirk.cfm
      And I see he has a special interest in neopragmatist Richard Rorty which
      spurred a quick google:
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neopragmatism
      There are endless ideas to explore. I guess as long as one realizes that
      they are all just that...ideas...and not taken too seriously, all is well.
      It's just good fun.

      h.

      " <josephson45r@...> wrote

      :h

      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 9, 2013
        I disagree with what you've expressed here. There are different classes of ideas, some of which should be taken seriously. I suppose it's up to each of us to determine distinguish between which ones are simply fun and others which are a matter of life and death.

        Mary