Ref Videos

  • Dick.
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 22, 2013
      Ref Videos

      [ Very thought provoking and unique videos and a nice final one to the
      series (if it does turn out to be the final one)! Well the truth should
      be unique, yet universal should it not? Nadeem. ]

      Glad you liked the video's Nadeem. I have enjoyed watching uTube
      video's over the years. Some folks have the art of combining nice
      music with pleasant pictures, but I had no idea how to do it and making
      one never even occurred to me. But somebody mentioned that the program
      for making them should be on the computer anyway, but it wasn't. So
      I downloaded it and had a go at one. I made one the same day (my
      favourite one) of Exmoor (my favourite place) put to my favourite music.
      Why not combine one's own two favourite things into one package. If
      others like it then fine, and if they don't then fine. But I made it
      for me. But it also advertises the place and the music. But as for
      anything else then uTube videos are not the best means of saying
      something; books and websites are the best way. How long would it take
      to get one page of writing on a video? :- )

      I don't see being universal as being a criteria of a truth. It is
      true that it is not raining here at the moment but it might be ten miles
      away. So a truth could also be a one-off isolated thing and which lasts
      for only a few seconds. Anything which ever happens truly happened. And
      anything which never happens truly never happens. Some folks seem to
      have a big problem with `truth' don't they. I wonder why.
      But there are plainly things which happen which are very common indeed.
      I suppose a universal truth would be something which always happens
      everywhere and every when. But I am not in a position to know about that
      for I have not been everywhere every when :- ) I imagine that would get
      rather tedious and the novelty would soon die off :- )) I sure would not
      like to spend every when stuck in my favourite place listening to my
      favourite music. Variety is the spice of life. Well, it is for me
      anyway. I like the sunshine and I like the rain, and I like the wind and
      I like the fog, but I would not want any ONE of them all the time. And,
      you know, we only ever live one day once. And that is fine by me, and
      come rain or come shine. Don't think I will do any more videos
      however. That short sojourn was ample enough.

      Dick Richardson