Reply to Kolki Poem / Poem *Eugenics*

  • Bhanu Padmo
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 16, 2013

      purge it did ask for soon.

      (Bhanu
      Padmo)

      http://www.bhanupadmo.com

      You
      may reply this thread upon http://in.groups.yahoo.com/group/greenlogic/%c2%a0
      as well

      or consign a copy to greenlogic@...   for extended
      discussions............................................................
      On Tue, 2/5/13, Global Teacher <globallistener@...> wrote:

      Fittest

      (Dedicated to an Egalitarian Democratic
      World – Deepak Sarkar, www.kolki.com)

      <Related
      poems:  Free     Best     In
      Vain     Harmony     One
      World    Universal
      Notes     Universal
      God     Global Solidarity>

      Every time I saw a small bird nesting

      Having babies without doctors,
      nurses, and hospital bills

      Surviving and enjoying life in
      storms, snow and rain

      Without additional clothes, heating
      or cooling -

      I knew humans could survive, but not
      the fittest!

      Every time I saw/heard Canadian
      Geese flying at night

      Alone or as a team for a distant
      flight

      Navigating towards destination
      without compass or light

      I knew humans could survive, but not
      the fittest!

      Every time I watched a small spider
      creating web

      Out of nothing except own sap and
      legs

      Then resting in the centre to catch
      preys

      Enjoying own creation at its best -

      I knew humans could survive, but not
      the fittest!

      Every time a seed germinated in the
      soil or water

      Grew as plant or trees withstanding
      disasters

      Shed leaves for the winter only to
      be reborn in vigour

      I knew humans could survive, but not
      the fittest!

      Every time I looked at small
      sparrows playing in the snow

      When I was feeling cozy in heated
      home among clothes

      I knew humans could survive, but not
      the fittest!

      Fittest are natural knower who
      exercise self power

      Without unlearning instincts to
      technological slave work!

      Endless dependency only makes humans
      enslaved and weaker

      As generations strive for expensive
      and competitive future!

      Birds travelling thousands of miles
      without rest

      Navigating at night over deserts and
      oceans

      Even a fruit fly does everything,
      more than I crave

      Eat, meet, multiply and even fly
      without much rest!

      After I leave -

      Many animals and birds will outlive
      me

      Shrubs and trees I planted

      Would be surviving and serving
      merrily

      Without disturbing and destroying
      natural harmony -

      Of course, if they are not victim of
      modern industry!

      Thus,
      the slogan ‘Survival of the fittest’

      Resonates very well with Eugenic1
      quest

      For aristocrative exploitation of
      the masses

      With population control whenever
      needed -

      Encouraging supremacist ideology at
      the best!

      Darwin’s theory is flawed with fundamental mistake

      Yet remains unchallenged in royal
      heritage

      Discovered while travelling on Royal
      H.M.S Beagle

      Collecting samples from American and
      African Islands

      Hypothesised in “Origin of Species”

      “The Survival of The Fittest”

      Without
      realizing evolution doesn’t leave any trace!

    • devindersingh gulati
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 20, 2013
        IN ancient times, during the Roman ascendency, there was a great rhetorician, Longinus by name. According to him the greatness of any writing lies in how far it echoes the inner Self. The more developed is the soul of a poet the higher will be the poetic genius. An immature soul can hardly soar very high.
        A modern English critic,¹ who appreciated this view, remarked that the present-day artistic creations are mostly insignificant and futile, for the modern world is wanting in highly developed souls.            .
        Not to speak of a really great soul, we have almost forgotten in these days the meaning of creation by the inner soul. The source of inspiration nowadays is the brain or the nerves or a mixture of the two in different proportions. Intellectual curiosity and nervous excitement and hunger have enveloped the whole sphere of life, consciousness and being. Anything else of deeper significance has sunk into the abyss of oblivion. In one word, 'Art for Art's sake' has been the present-day principle in the field of artistic creation. The artist does not care for any extrinsic ideal or aim. He finds his ideal and aim in himself. He grows of himself, he establishes himself and he realises himself in his own creation. Far from seeking an ideal, even beauty is no longer the aim of art. What is art? The creation of the artist. Who is the artist? He who creates himself. Very well; but what does the word 'self' signify? There's the rub. Everything depends on
        this. In ancient times the word 'self' used to signify either the Psycqic Being, which is the delegate of the Supreme Self, or the Supreme Self Itself – "Know Thyself". In modern times 'self' signifies something exoteric, the surface consciousness acting through the brain and nerves.
        The moderns hold that the essence of art and artistic creation consists in complete expression of one's own self, but like the Virochana of the Upanishad, who took the body for the Self, they have applied the word 'self' to mean the consciousness acting through the nerves. But it must be admitted that they have exceeded Virochana by one step, going either within or above. They have discovered an intermediate link between the physical sheath and the higher supra-physical. In ancient times 'self' would always signify the Psychic Being and never the self-centered body.
        The moderns may ask: "Is it obligatory that one should have a great soul in order to be, a great poet?" In the hoary past it was almost so. Valmiki, Vyasa and Homer rightly deserve to fall into that category. In his artistic creation the poet's inner Self comes to the fore. That is why it is said that the subject-matter and the way of expressing it are nothing but the real Being in the poet. The outer manifestation of this Being is of course diverse and manifold. The inner soul of Shakespeare is wide and magnanimous. It has, as it were, the quality of water. It takes up the form of that very vessel in which it is put and assumes the colour thereof. Milton's inner Being represents height, density, weight and seriousness. Dante's inner Being represents intensity, virility and Tapasya (askesis). Kalidasa's innerBeing represents beauty, while that of the Upanishadic seers represents luminosity.
        Verily the greatness of the poet is the greatness of the inner consciousness. And the expression of his inner consciousness is the essence of his poetic creation. So long as this inner consciousness is vigilant and active in the poet, his creations and activities never suffer in manners. His creations will not be vitiated by gross touches. He alone is a great poet whose consciousness is hardly clouded, although it is said that even 'Homer nods'; to me the lesser poet is he who at times breaks through the cloud, and a non-poet is he who is ever strongly shrouded with indelible cloud.
        http://sriaurobindoashram.com/Content.aspx?ContentURL=_StaticContent/SriAurobindoAshram/-09%20E-Library/-03%20Disciples/Nolini%20Kanta%20Gupta/Volume-7/-16_The%20Greatness%20of%20Poetry.htm%c2%a0
        Gulati