Re: [TheBecoming] Re: The Fractal View

  • devindersingh gulati
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 14, 2013
      Dick’s description here is awesome.
      Is it the supermind he visited that evening, I wonder?
      ToSri Aurobindo, there were three distinct transformations that had to
      happen: the psychic, the spiritual, and the supramental. And the
      spiritual transformation is, I think, what most of us probably have in mind
      when we speak about enlightenment or Self-realization. It's the realization of
      the Infinite, the Absolute Self, or Ground of Being. But there's something
      unique about what he calls the psychic transformation, particularly in
      relationship to evolution. For Sri Aurobindo, this was the key to the whole
      path. He was basically saying that there is an individual spark or seed
      of the Divine in each of us, what could be called our true self or, as he
      sometimes said, 'true being.' And although this true being is usually obscured
      or veiled by the outer personality and ego identity, its promptings can be felt
      even in that veiled state as our own spiritual impulses or aspirations. What's
      significant about this psychic being is that, according to him, because its
      nature is the Divine itself, not only does it want us to evolve toward
      perfection, but it knows the way to get there perfectly. It is
      recognized by 'a warmth and a glow in the heart center'. A
      transformation is permanent change as distinct from mere visitation. I suspect
      it was the cosmic mind Dick visited that evening. A MYSTIC REUNION proper would
      be described by what is termed by Sri Aurobindo as the psychic transformation.
      The subsequent event after twenty years that Dick experienced was
      possibly the unification [or the demolition of separation] of the outer surface
      mind with the inner. Sri Aurobindo said that if we were only willing to
      consciously participate in EVOLUTION, we could create a "divine life"
      right here on earth, a ceaseless, dynamic, miraculous unfolding of ever-higher
      expressions of harmony and unity that Dick experienced spontaneously, first in
      the beyond and subsequently here in this world.
      The means of a conscious and accelerated participation in one’s own
      evolution and the common evolution is through YOGA.
      The spiritual opening that Dick had, that speeded up his personal
      evolution has been attempted systematically even  by the Buddhists. The phenomenon is verifiable
      by PERSONAL EFFORT according to Buddhism. There have been specific techniques
      developed.  Dick can possibly reenter the
      experience that came to him spontaneously by entering a ten day Buddhist
      retreat near to where he is located. He could look up the details at the
      website:  http://www.dhamma.org/en/bycountry/eu/uk.shtml
      Others:  http://www.dhamma.org/en/bycountry/
      Ref: http://www.auroville.com/Vijnana/spiritual/sriaurobindo.htm

      Gulati

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 16, 2013
        Previous: One may very well imagine that the universe is only an entity in something which is still vaster, as the individual is only an entity in  a much vaster totality. Now, each unit has its consciousness and its own spirit which contains all the others, as a group consciousness is made up of all the individual consciousnesses which constitute it and as a national consciousness is made up of all the individual consciousnesses which constitute it, and something more.  Just like you: you have lots of cells in your body; each cell has its own consciousness and you have a consciousness which is the consciousness of your total individuality, though made up of all these small cellulary consciousnesses.

        Roger Lass: My suggestion is that if something is transmitted from one conscious being to another, the medium is only a medium and possesses no features that belong to the conscious beings.

        Human beings function as invisible conduits for the exchange of anger, sex and depression, as Sri Aurobindo and the Mother repeatedly pointed out, and it is only when our inner being opens up that we discover the rich and voluminous nature of this commerce.  This exchange occurs through the higher vital (pranamaya kosha) and mental sheaths (manomaya kosha) in the human consciousness. It is not only talk that creates a turmoil – disturbing forces can come in by contact also. There may be restlessness or confusion of consciousness in the person who talks with you to which he does not give expression or is not even aware that he is like that, or he may bring forces from others. Again it may be that you met or contacted in your sleep the vital of others or some vital forces in the atmosphere. Turmoil may come in many ways.  Whenever one mixes with others, things are passing from one to the other. If I talk with a number of people, I bring away
        with me in my atmosphere many forces that were around them; they may affect me or not, but they remain for a time at least. If in that time I speak with another man, he may receive them from me. It is like a man carrying germs with him from a person he has visited; he may not fall ill himself (or he may), but, even if he does not, he can pass them on to another man he visits afterwards – who falls ill. It is the same thing here in the supraphysical parts.

        Nagin: Why does even a slight casual talk create a disturbance in my work?
        Sri Aurobindo: It is because by talking one passes into another consciousness. That is so long as the inner being has not attained a constant and even calm poise.  It is no use giving up talking altogether – the proper course is to speak usefully to people but not to talk for the sake of talking.
        So next time you find yourself getting depressed or angry for no legitimate reason, ask yourself whether
        1. it is because you were recently chatting with a person who was a conduit for these aberrant movements.
        2. OR it is a cyclical rhythm which is triggered within your consciousness every once in a while, as explained in an earlier post. http://auromere.wordpress.com/2013/02/15/the-exchange-of-vital-forces-during-social-interactions/#more-9285
        Gulati