Existentialism in the hole

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 7, 2013
      eduard,

      Agreed. We don't know how a zealot or sadist makes decisions. Existentialist context is for existentialists, and there don't seem to be many left anymore. It's pointless to argue whether anyone else is acting authentically. I don't think anyone is inherently anything, and I'm not accommodating terrorists by suggesting they're bound to an ideology. Are there any existentialists concepts you agree with?

      Mary
    • eduardathome
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 7, 2013
        I guess I agree with the existential concept of authenticity which started
        all this. Moussa in Mali is being authentic and that is the danger. You
        can discuss things with him to reach some more suitable solution. He is
        there to flog and rape women and cut the hands and feet off thieves. It is
        what he and other terrorists are at the base. They enjoy this stuff, so
        their is no turning them with pleas or whatever. You can only turn them by
        putting a bullet in their heads.