Re: [TheBecoming] Re: [Wisdom-l] anadi - layers of the heart

  • devindersingh gulati
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 2, 2013
      The Transcendental can be reached only in the transcen­dental way, not by pursuing the normal track, continuing the habitual line of gradual growth and development. The mea­sures – the tensor and vector, to use again a jargon, a mathe­matical one – of the mental consciousness do not apply there. There is a cut, a gap, a hiatus between Here and There; one has to take a leap to cross over. Nature herself has adopted that procedure. She has risen from stage to stage through successive leaps, per salturn. Man has to do the same but con­sciously. He has to jump over and land on the other side with the head foremost and down, in other words, there is to be a reversal of consciousness; you stand on your head: you do not move clock-wise but perhaps anti-clockwise. You see things with another eye, the third eye – wide extended in heaven, as the Vedic Rishi says ― you look from above down. Things take a different shape and value. The world is
      constructed in another way.
      They said: Seek the one inalienable invariable Truth, leave all the rest aside, concentrate on that one thing alone. Even, they added, the rest is Maya, illusion, unreal, false.
      They were terribly radical, iconoclasts. Cut away, they said, this world, this humanity, this nature. Go beyond into the transcendent. First enter and establish yourself there. That is the Supreme God, that is the own home of Truth. Cling to that unshakable status, thereafter only you can know of other things, then only you will know what to reject, what to accept, otherwise you will live in a glimmering mid-world of half­truths.
      However, the Transcendent is also here within you. But to reach there too, the procedure is the same ― to jump over and stand on your head. How to do? Something of that acrobatics is taught by what is called in India ―Yoga.
      [http://sriaurobindoashram.com/Content.aspx?ContentURL=_StaticContent/SriAurobindoAshram/-09%20E-Library/-03%20Disciples/Nolini%20Kanta%20Gupta/Volume-5/-04_A%20Note%20on%20Supermind.htm]
      Gulati

      ________________________________
      From: Pat Louise Davies <pld@...>
      Subject: [Wisdom-l] open heart Re: Adyashanti from Falling into Grace
      To: Wisdom-l@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 10:41 AM

      As some friends go
      thru some deep suffering, this quote was inspiring.  Some phrase
      below were especially so for me  ~  Thank you, PL
      ---------- ( questions below...)

      ..."The deeper
      we see into the reality of things, the more out heart opens to include
      everything, because if we're really feeling into our deepest reality and truth,
      the heart isn't something that would want to escape from what is here and now;
      rather, our hearts are already embracing everything. We can allow our hearts to
      be big enough to be broken...."

      ..."There is
      nobility and beauty even when human beings are suffering. Our hearts do not
      want them to suffer; we want to save them, but the heartbreak is that we can't
      do that. The quality of our love, the openness of our heart, still does have a
      profound effect on the world and others in it. Our hearts just can't control
      it†nor would they ever want to."

      The questions :

      Do you think it is the heart of the 'ego' that is
      'broken'?
      What does it mean for a heart to be 'broken'?

      And who is the 'we' before and after 'heartbreak' in
      para #2 above?
      (Are those our 'egos'?)

    • eduardathome
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 3, 2013
        Or perhaps it's all an illusion. You just think you jumped from here to
        there, and when you jump back you convince yourself that you have been
        somewhere. Like, I can jump to Cuba and convince myself I was warm for a
        moment or so.