Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: Map

Expand Messages
  • William
    Message 1 of 26 , Feb 2, 2013
    View Source
    • 0 Attachment
      --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "Mary" wrote:
      >
      > Bill,
      >
      > I work for causes I'm interested in and care about, those I feel connected with like women's and children's issues, the environment, and safeguarding the democratic process. While I'm alive I may as well do something that helps others and pleases me. I work for what's in my power to affect but also accept what I can't. What lives on are my children and their hopes. Nothing and being are always becoming something. I am what I do; what else is there?
      >
      > Mary
      >Mary, perfectly understandable, thank you. I refuse to accept that I owe this existance anything. I did not ask to come here and I am not asking to leave. I still cling to the biologic imperative, Your born,you reproduce, you die. Two of those imperatives you have little choice about. We have both done our reproducing and can dispense with that. I must remember my enthusiasm for Obama and his politics. I had great interest and worked to see his election and reelection. I did not owe him that but owed it in retribution against the right wing that scewered me during Bush. I have a dollar amount they cost me and it will take the rest of Obama time to make it up. It was a milestone for me when the DOW went back above 1400. It is a rough way to keep score but now I want those lost profits returned. I`ll toot my own economic whistle for that tune and think this president will stay his economic course. I had a mentor who said money does not really count it is just a way of keeping score. I am still keeping score. Bill
      > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "William" wrote:
      >
      > >Mary remains serious with her causes and that is why I invite her to explain why . Not that she has to, but I would be interested.
      >
    • Dick.
      You are NOT what you DO. You are thing which is doing it. Find out what that thing is. If you were NOT something then you would be able to do anything. And
      Message 2 of 26 , Feb 2, 2013
      View Source
      • 0 Attachment
        You are NOT what you DO. You are thing which is doing it. Find out what
        that thing is. If you were NOT something then you would be able to do
        anything. And that does not mean BELIEVE what you are, it means FIND
        OUT.
        Having fun on facebook. I was banned yesterday after just one day :- )
        But I got back on today with another ID and having fun again :- )

        Dick Richardson

        --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "Mary" wrote:
        >
        > Bill,
        >
        > I work for causes I'm interested in and care about, those I feel
        connected with like women's and children's issues, the environment, and
        safeguarding the democratic process. While I'm alive I may as well do
        something that helps others and pleases me. I work for what's in my
        power to affect but also accept what I can't. What lives on are my
        children and their hopes. Nothing and being are always becoming
        something. I am what I do; what else is there?
        >
        > Mary
        >
        > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "William" wrote:
        >
        > >Mary remains serious with her causes and that is why I invite her to
        explain why . Not that she has to, but I would be interested.
        >



        [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
      • eduardathome
        Although there is no grand purpose in it all, and you do what you can, it is also possible to conceive of some objective of your own that makes the living
        Message 3 of 26 , Feb 2, 2013
        View Source
        • 0 Attachment
          Although there is no grand purpose in it all, and you do what you can, it is
          also possible to conceive of some objective of your own that makes the
          living years more interesting.

          eduard

          -----Original Message-----
          From: William
          Sent: Saturday, February 02, 2013 3:59 PM
          To: existlist@yahoogroups.com
          Subject: [existlist] Re: Map



          --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, eduardathome wrote:
          >
          > [What else can I do? ]
          >
          > Nothing. You are flowing with time and as much as a bubble forms out of
          > hot
          > water.
          >
          > Time is the fire in which we burn.
          >
          > eduard
          > Eduard, a bubble, indeed. In a sense we are the fuel that stokes the fire
          > but not much more. So here I begin to have agreement with Dick when he
          > says just enjoy what you can. He likes to see us as endless worriers so
          > that is why I posted MAP. Once you have it figured out to your stisfaction
          > you can be light as that bubble you speak of. If you pop you don`t have to
          > care at all, ever again. Mary remains serious with her causes and that is
          > why I invite her to explain why . Not that she has to, but I would be
          > interested. I retain a sense of revenge against those who threatned and
          > even harmed me. I still have a Liddy list and know he devised that
          > contrivance from FN. I do not let it eat me but given a chance I would
          > enjoy coring someones apple.I have few now that would claim this negative
          > attention it is all fading into a homogenous past. That bit from Jerimiah
          > Johnson was a product of such an attitude. I meant to convey his attitude
          > of nonchalance. Alone in the cold in the
          mountains who knows what happned or how long ago. It is just in your
          neurons as the tracks in the snow are all obliterated by wind and ice and
          more snow. If you can like your bubble then good for you . I feel a bit old
          to begin a new life quest but I had one and I answered mine. Bill
          > -----Original Message-----
          > From: William
          > Sent: Friday, February 01, 2013 12:01 PM
          > To: existlist@yahoogroups.com
          > Subject: [existlist] Map
          >
          > Now I want to talk about where we are going.This is like the moment in the
          > Hunchback of Notre Dame when Quasimodo appears,the audience gasps.For you
          > flat earth devotees and terra centrics let us examine where we are going
          > in
          > terms of where we are.No one wants to accept a relative view but what
          > is
          > your static point?
          > The earth is rotating at 25000 mph around its own axis. We travel more
          > than
          > a billion years per annum in our race around the sun .The sun is moving at
          > huge angular velocity around the center of the galaxy and the galaxys are
          > flying away from each other fast enough to cause their light to red
          > shift.Even though we move in all these various directions and speeds they
          > add up to only a change of day to night to us as observers.
          > In our old earth centered view of the universe man ,the only rational
          > animal,was the big deal.The infallible ideas of popes and the power
          > driven
          > will of kings consigned the individual to wrote learning and obedience.
          > When we place ourselves in the world that science reveals to us, we see
          > that
          > thought can lead us to extinction as well as prominance.Jeffersons
          > brillient
          > idea of democratic consensus promoting peace and progress must operate in
          > the clear light of reality.WW 2 was our first look at the wildly
          > destructive side of high science. Hiroshima was shocking . Bikini atoll
          > awe
          > inspiring and Schumacher Levi`s date with Jupiter left no doubt that
          > massive
          > forces can decimate us all.We are in a big show and can ill afford an
          > innorant, superstitous leadership.
          > Now for quasimodo. Where am I going? I am going to die. What will I know
          > then, I will know nothing.After centuries of priestly hand holding ,
          > mankind
          > was presented the truth by the phenominologists,existentialists and yes,
          > the
          > nihilists. The shock killed many of tham by suicide drugs and
          > alcohol.Raised
          > catholic I was taught I was a child of god and an heir to heaven. It took
          > me
          > years of excuse making to accept my personal mortality. For a time I
          > thought of Chardins hyperpersonalisation as an escape, Bullshit. Then I
          > postulated that thought goes on forever into space to be followed back by
          > a
          > superior species who would reincarnate me.Why should they give a damn if
          > they are that superior. I even decided I could put my mind into a
          > computer
          > and clone my body and then download my brillience into a new and viril
          > self. I think all this sort of foolishness derives from our survival
          > instinct and who knows we may learn to survive for a very long time.
          > Earth,however will die when the sun
          > goes Nova. What a fine word,Nova, from the latin for "New". The atoms of
          > our ashes will be blasted into intersteller space to reform into something
          > or someone post nova. I can now live with that. What else can I do?
          >
          >
          >
          > ------------------------------------
          >
          > Please support the Existential Primer... dedicated to explaining nothing!
          >
          > Home Page: http://www.tameri.com/csw/existYahoo! Groups Links
          >




          ------------------------------------

          Please support the Existential Primer... dedicated to explaining nothing!

          Home Page: http://www.tameri.com/csw/existYahoo! Groups Links
        • William
          Message 4 of 26 , Feb 3, 2013
          View Source
          • 0 Attachment
            --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, eduardathome wrote:
            >
            > Although there is no grand purpose in it all, and you do what you can, it is
            > also possible to conceive of some objective of your own that makes the
            > living years more interesting.
            >
            > eduard
            > Eduard, I have kept it interesting but as to attaching some importance to it I have not. The whole Map exercise aimed at seeing our tenure here as fleeting and forgetable. To puff it up and demand importance and notation is just a false stance, the stance of a fool. Johnson ,after all his trials and combats, knew it was just all wiped away with the next snow. I have made choices and made them stick. That is what FN saw as the triumph of will. It is not a moral judgment it is a personal judgment and the will to power to accomplish some goal is the pinnacle of human endeavour. Once it is done it is gone and is better forgotten. I am beginning to have comfort in the fading of past matters. That is what should happen . The old times are not my home . Only the prior moment was my home and even that is now gone. The native american in me hates to be photographed. They thought the camera took your spirit. I think it sucks you into the past where you cannot truthfully live. I`m forgetting so I can make room for today. If you watch the bloody spectacle have a good Super Bowl. Bill
            > -----Original Message-----
            > From: William
            > Sent: Saturday, February 02, 2013 3:59 PM
            > To: existlist@yahoogroups.com
            > Subject: [existlist] Re: Map
            >
            >
            >
            > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, eduardathome wrote:
            > >
            > > [What else can I do? ]
            > >
            > > Nothing. You are flowing with time and as much as a bubble forms out of
            > > hot
            > > water.
            > >
            > > Time is the fire in which we burn.
            > >
            > > eduard
            > > Eduard, a bubble, indeed. In a sense we are the fuel that stokes the fire
            > > but not much more. So here I begin to have agreement with Dick when he
            > > says just enjoy what you can. He likes to see us as endless worriers so
            > > that is why I posted MAP. Once you have it figured out to your stisfaction
            > > you can be light as that bubble you speak of. If you pop you don`t have to
            > > care at all, ever again. Mary remains serious with her causes and that is
            > > why I invite her to explain why . Not that she has to, but I would be
            > > interested. I retain a sense of revenge against those who threatned and
            > > even harmed me. I still have a Liddy list and know he devised that
            > > contrivance from FN. I do not let it eat me but given a chance I would
            > > enjoy coring someones apple.I have few now that would claim this negative
            > > attention it is all fading into a homogenous past. That bit from Jerimiah
            > > Johnson was a product of such an attitude. I meant to convey his attitude
            > > of nonchalance. Alone in the cold in the
            > mountains who knows what happned or how long ago. It is just in your
            > neurons as the tracks in the snow are all obliterated by wind and ice and
            > more snow. If you can like your bubble then good for you . I feel a bit old
            > to begin a new life quest but I had one and I answered mine. Bill
            > > -----Original Message-----
            > > From: William
            > > Sent: Friday, February 01, 2013 12:01 PM
            > > To: existlist@yahoogroups.com
            > > Subject: [existlist] Map
            > >
            > > Now I want to talk about where we are going.This is like the moment in the
            > > Hunchback of Notre Dame when Quasimodo appears,the audience gasps.For you
            > > flat earth devotees and terra centrics let us examine where we are going
            > > in
            > > terms of where we are.No one wants to accept a relative view but what
            > > is
            > > your static point?
            > > The earth is rotating at 25000 mph around its own axis. We travel more
            > > than
            > > a billion years per annum in our race around the sun .The sun is moving at
            > > huge angular velocity around the center of the galaxy and the galaxys are
            > > flying away from each other fast enough to cause their light to red
            > > shift.Even though we move in all these various directions and speeds they
            > > add up to only a change of day to night to us as observers.
            > > In our old earth centered view of the universe man ,the only rational
            > > animal,was the big deal.The infallible ideas of popes and the power
            > > driven
            > > will of kings consigned the individual to wrote learning and obedience.
            > > When we place ourselves in the world that science reveals to us, we see
            > > that
            > > thought can lead us to extinction as well as prominance.Jeffersons
            > > brillient
            > > idea of democratic consensus promoting peace and progress must operate in
            > > the clear light of reality.WW 2 was our first look at the wildly
            > > destructive side of high science. Hiroshima was shocking . Bikini atoll
            > > awe
            > > inspiring and Schumacher Levi`s date with Jupiter left no doubt that
            > > massive
            > > forces can decimate us all.We are in a big show and can ill afford an
            > > innorant, superstitous leadership.
            > > Now for quasimodo. Where am I going? I am going to die. What will I know
            > > then, I will know nothing.After centuries of priestly hand holding ,
            > > mankind
            > > was presented the truth by the phenominologists,existentialists and yes,
            > > the
            > > nihilists. The shock killed many of tham by suicide drugs and
            > > alcohol.Raised
            > > catholic I was taught I was a child of god and an heir to heaven. It took
            > > me
            > > years of excuse making to accept my personal mortality. For a time I
            > > thought of Chardins hyperpersonalisation as an escape, Bullshit. Then I
            > > postulated that thought goes on forever into space to be followed back by
            > > a
            > > superior species who would reincarnate me.Why should they give a damn if
            > > they are that superior. I even decided I could put my mind into a
            > > computer
            > > and clone my body and then download my brillience into a new and viril
            > > self. I think all this sort of foolishness derives from our survival
            > > instinct and who knows we may learn to survive for a very long time.
            > > Earth,however will die when the sun
            > > goes Nova. What a fine word,Nova, from the latin for "New". The atoms of
            > > our ashes will be blasted into intersteller space to reform into something
            > > or someone post nova. I can now live with that. What else can I do?
            > >
            > >
            > >
            > > ------------------------------------
            > >
            > > Please support the Existential Primer... dedicated to explaining nothing!
            > >
            > > Home Page: http://www.tameri.com/csw/existYahoo! Groups Links
            > >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            > ------------------------------------
            >
            > Please support the Existential Primer... dedicated to explaining nothing!
            >
            > Home Page: http://www.tameri.com/csw/existYahoo! Groups Links
            >
          Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.