Re: [existlist] Map

  • eduardathome
    Message 1 of 26 , Feb 2 9:51 AM
      I watched a commercial for Cadilac ATS. It is sequence of fast driving on
      twisting roads supposedly to show the performance of the car. But what they
      are selling is an idea ... an impression ... of what you might get by
      putting down $40,000 or so.

      Yet, in the end the ATS is going to move at the speed of the slowest car in
      the traffic line. Eventually you may realise that it's a lie. And you are
      living it.

      Message 2 of 26 , Feb 2 10:00 AM
        [What else can I do? ]

        Nothing. You are flowing with time and as much as a bubble forms out of hot
        water.

        Time is the fire in which we burn.

        Message 3 of 26 , Feb 2 12:59 PM

          Message 4 of 26 , Feb 2 1:59 PM
            Bill,

            I work for causes I'm interested in and care about, those I feel connected with like women's and children's issues, the environment, and safeguarding the democratic process. While I'm alive I may as well do something that helps others and pleases me. I work for what's in my power to affect but also accept what I can't. What lives on are my children and their hopes. Nothing and being are always becoming something. I am what I do; what else is there?

            >Mary remains serious with her causes and that is why I invite her to explain why . Not that she has to, but I would be interested.
          • William
            Message 5 of 26 , Feb 2 2:29 PM

              > Bill,
              >
              > I work for causes I'm interested in and care about, those I feel connected with like women's and children's issues, the environment, and safeguarding the democratic process. While I'm alive I may as well do something that helps others and pleases me. I work for what's in my power to affect but also accept what I can't. What lives on are my children and their hopes. Nothing and being are always becoming something. I am what I do; what else is there?
              >
              > Mary
              >Mary, perfectly understandable, thank you. I refuse to accept that I owe this existance anything. I did not ask to come here and I am not asking to leave. I still cling to the biologic imperative, Your born,you reproduce, you die. Two of those imperatives you have little choice about. We have both done our reproducing and can dispense with that. I must remember my enthusiasm for Obama and his politics. I had great interest and worked to see his election and reelection. I did not owe him that but owed it in retribution against the right wing that scewered me during Bush. I have a dollar amount they cost me and it will take the rest of Obama time to make it up. It was a milestone for me when the DOW went back above 1400. It is a rough way to keep score but now I want those lost profits returned. I`ll toot my own economic whistle for that tune and think this president will stay his economic course. I had a mentor who said money does not really count it is just a way of keeping score. I am still keeping score. Bill
              > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "William" wrote:
              >
              > >Mary remains serious with her causes and that is why I invite her to explain why . Not that she has to, but I would be interested.

            • Dick.
              Message 6 of 26 , Feb 2 2:33 PM
                You are NOT what you DO. You are thing which is doing it. Find out what
                that thing is. If you were NOT something then you would be able to do
                anything. And that does not mean BELIEVE what you are, it means FIND
                OUT.
                Having fun on facebook. I was banned yesterday after just one day :- )
                But I got back on today with another ID and having fun again :- )

                Dick Richardson

                Message 7 of 26 , Feb 2 3:59 PM
                  Although there is no grand purpose in it all, and you do what you can, it is
                  also possible to conceive of some objective of your own that makes the
                  living years more interesting.

                  Message 8 of 26 , Feb 3 9:10 AM