Re: m.a.p.

    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 2, 2013
      But what does this exchange mean, eduard, in terms of existentialism or in relation to what transpires in the course of the film? What themes in the movie engaged you?

      > Bill,
      >
      > Do you have the right quote?? As much as I can get on the movie is ...
      >
      > Bear Claw Chris Lapp: You've come far pilgrim.
      > Jeremiah Johnson: Feels like far.
      > Bear Claw Chris Lapp: Were it worth the trouble?
      > Jeremiah Johnson: What trouble?
      >
      > eduard

    • eduardathome
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 2, 2013
        I have not seen the film, but I managed to download the script. Apparently
        the exchange occurs near the end and is a sort of summation of Johnson's
        life. From an existentialist point of view I would say that it represents a
        fatalist aspect. You live; you die; and you do what you can. There isn't
        any great purpose to it all.