Re: In the event of existing?

    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 31, 2013
      Just for the sake of argument eduard, what difference then does it make if we think we're created, self-created, evolved, or any combination thereof ? If our origins are merely interesting and not relevant to our daily lives, why the need to promote belonging to the 21st century of science? It seems you're arguing against your own point that it does matter.

      > [ I often wonder what all these other people are aware of in the event
      > of existing. But like you I found out that most of them don't tell
      > you and are more prone to telling you what they believe. Including that
      > they were forged in a big bang or in the stars. I too wonder how they
      > have experienced that to be true.]
      >
      > Why even ask the question?? What’s the point?? If they exist, they must be aware of something. But why would you want to find out specifically of what all these other people are aware?? What do you gain??
      >
      > And why wonder how those that believe in the Big Bang, might have experienced the event to know it is true?? Is it not obvious that people living today would not have directly experienced of the event. Duh!!
      >
      > The whole thing seems pointless. It would be as if I were to wonder what a taxi driver in Tokyo might be thinking at this moment. And why should I be concerned that he/she won’t tell me??
      >
      > eduard

    • Dick.
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 31, 2013
        So is that how you would have answered her? Seems to be a contradiction
        here because you talk of the brain and evolution via ancient life forms
        here. Where did you get that information if not from other people? You
        did not come up with all that yourself by way of experience did you.
        Seems to me you just want to argue with people for something to do. SAD.
        So, you get on with it lad.

        Dick Richardson

        > [ I often wonder what all these other people are aware of in the event
        > of existing. But like you I found out that most of them don't tell
        > you and are more prone to telling you what they believe. Including
        that
        > they were forged in a big bang or in the stars. I too wonder how they
        > have experienced that to be true.]
        >
        > Why even ask the question?? What’s the point?? If they exist,
        they must be aware of something. But why would you want to find out
        specifically of what all these other people are aware?? What do you
        gain??

        > And why wonder how those that believe in the Big Bang, might have
        experienced the event to know it is true?? Is it not obvious that
        people living today would not have directly experienced of the event.
        Duh!!

        > The whole thing seems pointless. It would be as if I were to wonder
        what a taxi driver in Tokyo might be thinking at this moment. And why
        should I be concerned that he/she won’t tell me??

        > eduard

      • Dick.
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 31, 2013
          Hey, you forgot EMANATED FORTH in your list to happy harry :- )
          But even to say Emanated forth and then evolving one still has to ask
          emanated forth FROM WHAT.

          Merlin

          > Just for the sake of argument eduard, what difference then does it
          make if we think we're created, self-created, evolved, or any
          combination thereof ? If our origins are merely interesting and not
          relevant to our daily lives, why the need to promote belonging to the
          21st century of science? It seems you're arguing against your own point
          that it does matter.

          > Mary

        • eduardathome
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 31, 2013
            I was only arguing the relative importance of things. Lots of things are
            important, but some more important than others.

            In the grand scheme of things, how much time does the average person spend
            pondering his/her origins?? That is, in comparison to what is relevant to
            their present lives. What is in your past is gone and you can't change it.
            What is in your future or what you can make of your future is far more
            important.

            Actually it doesn't matter if we think "we're created, self-created,
            evolved, or any combination thereof". And here I am speaking of the
            individual and not what humanity itself should learn.

            There isn't much difference between someone who thinks they are created
            versus evolved. The individual still has to choose how to deal with their
            day. Granted, they may make different choices based upon what they think is
            their origin, but the act of choosing in order to face the day does not
            change. They still must act and it is the choice to act which is important.

            In my response, below, my question related to the apparent pointlessness of
            wondering what people are aware of. Or rather, I was asking what was the
            point. Certainly we may be interested in what someone is thinking for a
            particular moment and particular issue. But to do so for people in general
            seems pointless. And the corollary of why should we be concerned that they
            won't tell us. The whole thing seems silly.

            Just for the sake of argument eduard, what difference then does it make if
            we think we're created, self-created, evolved, or any combination thereof ?
            If our origins are merely interesting and not relevant to our daily lives,
            why the need to promote belonging to the 21st century of science? It seems
            you're arguing against your own point that it does matter.

            > [ I often wonder what all these other people are aware of in the event
            > of existing. But like you I found out that most of them don't tell
            > you and are more prone to telling you what they believe. Including that
            > they were forged in a big bang or in the stars. I too wonder how they
            > have experienced that to be true.]
            >
            > Why even ask the question?? What’s the point?? If they exist, they
            > must be aware of something. But why would you want to find out
            > specifically of what all these other people are aware?? What do you
            > gain??
            >
            > And why wonder how those that believe in the Big Bang, might have
            > experienced the event to know it is true?? Is it not obvious that people
            > living today would not have directly experienced of the event. Duh!!
            >
            > The whole thing seems pointless. It would be as if I were to wonder what
            > a taxi driver in Tokyo might be thinking at this moment. And why should I
            > be concerned that he/she won’t tell me??
            >
            > eduard

          • eduardathome
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 31, 2013
              I have spoken about the brain and evolution. And yes I have likely gotten a
              lot of it from other people, particularly Teilhard de Chardin. But what
              does that have to do with my response to the paragraph?? It seems pointless
              to ask what all these other people are aware of in the event of their
              existence. Existing people are aware of all sorts of things. Does she
              really want to know about the trillions of thoughts that might be in the
              minds of people?? And why should she be concerned that they won't tell
              her??

              By the way, Dick, I thought this was a Yahoo Discussion group ... the
              emphasis being on "discussion". If you are sending out these emails with
              the idea that no one should comment ... well ... that's something else.