In the event of existing?

  • Dick.
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 31, 2013
      In the event of existing?

      [ I often wonder what all these other people are aware of in the event
      of existing. But like you I found out that most of them don't tell
      you and are more prone to telling you what they believe. Including that
      they were forged in a big bang or in the stars. I too wonder how they
      have experienced that to be true. I hope your email is working properly
      now. ]

      Email is fine thanks. Not that I am going to be using it much. Oh yeah,
      they were forged in a big bang or in stardust; so they say. I too wonder
      how they became aware of that. Must have been a grim experience eh :- ))
      But I have no recall of that so perhaps my memory is not as good as
      theirs. Nor have I ever been aware of not existing. That would be a
      strange experience eh ;- ) But what I have found is that in the event of
      existing I become aware of things. Perhaps that is not a very common
      event ;- ) But don't forget that some of them were created by a
      godo. Or so they tell me. Likewise I wonder what that experience was
      like ;- ) I am not into the business of making guarantees but I can
      gaurentee one thing, and that is if I ever do not exist then I will not
      be able to tell you about it :- ))) But all the time that I do exist
      then I am aware of things (unless in dreamless sleep – and I am not
      aware of existing then either). So, my question as a kid still stands
      – given that I do exist then what is there to become aware of? I
      have discovered that so much of it is good and some bits are not so good
      to be aware of :- ) But beliefs I have none. ONLY experience. May all
      your bits of awareness be bubbles of delight.

      Dick Richardson

    • eduardathome
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 31, 2013
        [ I often wonder what all these other people are aware of in the event
        of existing. But like you I found out that most of them don't tell
        you and are more prone to telling you what they believe. Including that
        they were forged in a big bang or in the stars. I too wonder how they
        have experienced that to be true.]

        Why even ask the question?? What’s the point?? If they exist, they must be aware of something. But why would you want to find out specifically of what all these other people are aware?? What do you gain??

        And why wonder how those that believe in the Big Bang, might have experienced the event to know it is true?? Is it not obvious that people living today would not have directly experienced of the event. Duh!!

        The whole thing seems pointless. It would be as if I were to wonder what a taxi driver in Tokyo might be thinking at this moment. And why should I be concerned that he/she won’t tell me??

        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 31, 2013
          Just for the sake of argument eduard, what difference then does it make if we think we're created, self-created, evolved, or any combination thereof ? If our origins are merely interesting and not relevant to our daily lives, why the need to promote belonging to the 21st century of science? It seems you're arguing against your own point that it does matter.

          > [ I often wonder what all these other people are aware of in the event
          > of existing. But like you I found out that most of them don't tell
          > you and are more prone to telling you what they believe. Including that
          > they were forged in a big bang or in the stars. I too wonder how they
          > have experienced that to be true.]
          >
          > Why even ask the question?? What’s the point?? If they exist, they must be aware of something. But why would you want to find out specifically of what all these other people are aware?? What do you gain??
          >
          > And why wonder how those that believe in the Big Bang, might have experienced the event to know it is true?? Is it not obvious that people living today would not have directly experienced of the event. Duh!!
          >
          > The whole thing seems pointless. It would be as if I were to wonder what a taxi driver in Tokyo might be thinking at this moment. And why should I be concerned that he/she won’t tell me??
          >
          > eduard

        • Dick.
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 31, 2013
            So is that how you would have answered her? Seems to be a contradiction
            here because you talk of the brain and evolution via ancient life forms
            here. Where did you get that information if not from other people? You
            did not come up with all that yourself by way of experience did you.
            Seems to me you just want to argue with people for something to do. SAD.
            So, you get on with it lad.

            Dick Richardson

            > [ I often wonder what all these other people are aware of in the event
            > of existing. But like you I found out that most of them don't tell
            > you and are more prone to telling you what they believe. Including
            that
            > they were forged in a big bang or in the stars. I too wonder how they
            > have experienced that to be true.]
            >
            > Why even ask the question?? What’s the point?? If they exist,
            they must be aware of something. But why would you want to find out
            specifically of what all these other people are aware?? What do you
            gain??

            > And why wonder how those that believe in the Big Bang, might have
            experienced the event to know it is true?? Is it not obvious that
            people living today would not have directly experienced of the event.
            Duh!!

            > The whole thing seems pointless. It would be as if I were to wonder
            what a taxi driver in Tokyo might be thinking at this moment. And why
            should I be concerned that he/she won’t tell me??

            > eduard

          • Dick.
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 31, 2013
              Hey, you forgot EMANATED FORTH in your list to happy harry :- )
              But even to say Emanated forth and then evolving one still has to ask
              emanated forth FROM WHAT.

              Merlin

              > Just for the sake of argument eduard, what difference then does it
              make if we think we're created, self-created, evolved, or any
              combination thereof ? If our origins are merely interesting and not
              relevant to our daily lives, why the need to promote belonging to the
              21st century of science? It seems you're arguing against your own point
              that it does matter.

              > Mary

            • eduardathome
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 31, 2013
                I was only arguing the relative importance of things. Lots of things are
                important, but some more important than others.

                In the grand scheme of things, how much time does the average person spend
                pondering his/her origins?? That is, in comparison to what is relevant to
                their present lives. What is in your past is gone and you can't change it.
                What is in your future or what you can make of your future is far more
                important.

                Actually it doesn't matter if we think "we're created, self-created,
                evolved, or any combination thereof". And here I am speaking of the
                individual and not what humanity itself should learn.

                There isn't much difference between someone who thinks they are created
                versus evolved. The individual still has to choose how to deal with their
                day. Granted, they may make different choices based upon what they think is
                their origin, but the act of choosing in order to face the day does not
                change. They still must act and it is the choice to act which is important.

                In my response, below, my question related to the apparent pointlessness of
                wondering what people are aware of. Or rather, I was asking what was the
                point. Certainly we may be interested in what someone is thinking for a
                particular moment and particular issue. But to do so for people in general
                seems pointless. And the corollary of why should we be concerned that they
                won't tell us. The whole thing seems silly.

                Just for the sake of argument eduard, what difference then does it make if
                we think we're created, self-created, evolved, or any combination thereof ?
                If our origins are merely interesting and not relevant to our daily lives,
                why the need to promote belonging to the 21st century of science? It seems
                you're arguing against your own point that it does matter.

                > [ I often wonder what all these other people are aware of in the event
                > of existing. But like you I found out that most of them don't tell
                > you and are more prone to telling you what they believe. Including that
                > they were forged in a big bang or in the stars. I too wonder how they
                > have experienced that to be true.]
                >
                > Why even ask the question?? What’s the point?? If they exist, they
                > must be aware of something. But why would you want to find out
                > specifically of what all these other people are aware?? What do you
                > gain??
                >
                > And why wonder how those that believe in the Big Bang, might have
                > experienced the event to know it is true?? Is it not obvious that people
                > living today would not have directly experienced of the event. Duh!!
                >
                > The whole thing seems pointless. It would be as if I were to wonder what
                > a taxi driver in Tokyo might be thinking at this moment. And why should I
                > be concerned that he/she won’t tell me??
                >
                > eduard

              • eduardathome
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 31, 2013
                  I have spoken about the brain and evolution. And yes I have likely gotten a
                  lot of it from other people, particularly Teilhard de Chardin. But what
                  does that have to do with my response to the paragraph?? It seems pointless
                  to ask what all these other people are aware of in the event of their
                  existence. Existing people are aware of all sorts of things. Does she
                  really want to know about the trillions of thoughts that might be in the
                  minds of people?? And why should she be concerned that they won't tell
                  her??

                  By the way, Dick, I thought this was a Yahoo Discussion group ... the
                  emphasis being on "discussion". If you are sending out these emails with
                  the idea that no one should comment ... well ... that's something else.