Re: The most important event in somebody’s life?

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 30, 2013
      eduard,

      It's clear to me after reading the Mystical Reunion that where one comes from and what one does are inseparable.

      > So you found an event that you think is important .... to you ... whatever
      > this Mystical Reunion might be.
      >
      > The issue [in case you have forgotten] is the relative importance of knowing
      > where you come from .... as in evolution from what species of primate. I
      > would bet that when people get up in the morning, trying to find out what
      > species they come from is well at the bottom of the list of things to do
      > that day. Most people get up and try to plan out what they will do to get
      > on with life and improve their living.
      >
      > Knowing how to conduct your life towards happiness ... in whatever fashion
      > you wish to define "happiness" ... is MORE important than where we come
      > from.
      >
      > But then you are not even speaking to the issue. What you are doing is to
      > just come out with a lot of insults wrapped around some odd event that has
      > attracted your attention. It would appear that your sole purpose here is to
      > insult other people. There is always someone of that type in a Yahoo
      > discussion group. You are not unique. I suppose it makes you happy.
      >
      > eduard

    • eduardathome
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 30, 2013
        Undoubtedly. You develop behaviours as a child and they are likely there
        for the rest of your life.

        But if I remember correctly, the subject of "where you come from" related to
        our origins from whatever species we evolved from over the past 10 million
        years or so. I would grant that this is interesting subject and most people
        would like to know, but it isn't on my list of things to do when getting up
        in the morning. And I doubt it is on anyone's list although I have not done
        a survey. When I get up in the morning, my thoughts are about how I am
        going to run my day. It's about my living now and not humanity's past in
        ancient times.

        But even if one were to change the subject to what was our immediate origins
        ... as when we were children ... the focus on what you are going to do in
        the coming day is still of more importance.

        Lets say that you were raised in relative poverty, as I was. What is of
        more importance, to ponder this origin or to think about means to make
        yourself happy in the here and now. I can't change my past ... only my
        future.

        Don't get me wrong ... I am not saying that knowing where you are from is
        not important. I spent a huge amount of time and effort researching my
        origins, albeit the search ended with my great grandfather in the Ukraine.
        I might try it again, although it is unlikely that much information survived
        WW2. It's a matter of relative importance. I would like to do more
        searching, to find where I come from, but in the end my happiness in the
        days to come is much more important.

        It's clear to me after reading the Mystical Reunion that where one comes
        from and what one does are inseparable.

        > So you found an event that you think is important .... to you ... whatever
        > this Mystical Reunion might be.
        >
        > The issue [in case you have forgotten] is the relative importance of
        > knowing
        > where you come from .... as in evolution from what species of primate. I
        > would bet that when people get up in the morning, trying to find out what
        > species they come from is well at the bottom of the list of things to do
        > that day. Most people get up and try to plan out what they will do to get
        > on with life and improve their living.
        >
        > Knowing how to conduct your life towards happiness ... in whatever fashion
        > you wish to define "happiness" ... is MORE important than where we come
        > from.
        >
        > But then you are not even speaking to the issue. What you are doing is to
        > just come out with a lot of insults wrapped around some odd event that has
        > attracted your attention. It would appear that your sole purpose here is
        > insult other people. There is always someone of that type in a Yahoo
        > discussion group. You are not unique. I suppose it makes you happy.
        >
        > eduard

      • devindersingh
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 31, 2013
          A serious review of the many-sided and multifarious manifestation in the universe makes it patently obvious that there are a variety of goals and principles at work, interacting and in some cases actually appearing to be in conflict with one another. We can even determine a hierarchy which helps us resolve apparent contradictions with the advent of a new power or term that needs to modify and upgrade the action of a prior line of development.

          We need to expand our view and understanding of the development of the universal manifestation to get a true sense of what the real goals and principles are. We can say that the moral and ethical law appears to be one, among a number of other principles, that has a role in the human development. This law, however, is constrained and modified by other
          [http://sriaurobindostudies.wordpress.com/2013/01/31/moral-law-is-not-the-sole-significance-of-the-universal-manifestation/%5d

          > eduard,
          >
          > It's clear to me after reading the Mystical Reunion that where one comes from and what one does are inseparable.
          >
          > Mary

          > > So you found an event that you think is important .... to you ... whatever
          > > this Mystical Reunion might be.
          > >
          > > The issue [in case you have forgotten] is the relative importance of knowing
          > > where you come from .... as in evolution from what species of primate. I
          > > would bet that when people get up in the morning, trying to find out what
          > > species they come from is well at the bottom of the list of things to do
          > > that day. Most people get up and try to plan out what they will do to get
          > > on with life and improve their living.
          > >
          > > Knowing how to conduct your life towards happiness ... in whatever fashion
          > > you wish to define "happiness" ... is MORE important than where we come
          > > from.
          > >
          > > But then you are not even speaking to the issue. What you are doing is to
          > > just come out with a lot of insults wrapped around some odd event that has
          > > attracted your attention. It would appear that your sole purpose here is to
          > > insult other people. There is always someone of that type in a Yahoo
          > > discussion group. You are not unique. I suppose it makes you happy.
          > >
          > > eduard

        • eduardathome
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 31, 2013
            [We can say that the moral and ethical law appears to be one, among a number
            of other principles, that has a role in the human development.]

            What moral and ethical law?? Moral and ethical laws are made by humans, not
            the other way around. Certainly, humans have in part been successful
            because they are socially inclined, and one could say that morality has some
            kind of role in their success. It might be said that societies which follow
            a morality, in the sense that individuals are cared for, tend to outlast
            societies which are immoral.

            What I am speaking to is the initial statement that there are "principles"
            that were at work in the manifestation of the universe. Is some moral and
            ethical law a part of these principles?? I don't think so. Humans develop
            regardless of morality and ethics. It is in their development that humans
            themselves who invent so-called laws of morality and ethical behaviour that
            fosters their greater success.