Re: [existlist] Re: A Game Played by Fools?

  • eduardathome
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 29, 2013
      Happiness can be a lack of being miserable. I think I already said that.

      Yes, many have said/written that "life is a game played by fools", but it is
      said more for effect than anything else. Life is a game that you play
      because you are alive, regardless of whether the person might be qualified
      as a fool. There is no other game unless you are dead, in which case there
      is no playing, so the issue is moot.

      My point was that knowing how to live towards happiness or as you say,
      without being miserable is more important than knowing where we come from
      ... this, you seemed to object to. Where we come from/what we are may have
      an importance but less so on a scale of needful things. In any case, where
      we come from is already answered. You might put perhaps 2 seconds on the
      question and then focus on on the more important question of how to not be
      miserable.