Re: [existlist] How best to live life?

  • eduardathome
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 29, 2013
      [ There are always plenty of people around who tell us how best to live
      life. Does anybody ever take any notice of them? ]

      Why not?? I mean, why shouldn't people tell others how best to live life??
      And yes, a lot of people do take notice of them. Our society is built upon
      a culture of providing such advice. It's done all the time. We are taught
      morality and ethics from all sorts of sources. That's often the theme of
      books we read and the TV we watch. Do this, don't do that, otherwise you
      will succumb to whatever adverse result. It's the role of parents to advise
      their children on how to behave. It's also the role of our school teachers.

      Granted, there are some who think they know everything already and do not
      wish to listen to any advice. I've seen it often enough. They don't want
      advice and just go on doing their own thing in their own manner ... and
      eventually end up in a mess. It's unfortunate when some teens and adults
      are so blocked that they won't listen to and won't follow good advice.