Maturity not Age?

  • Dick.
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 27, 2013
      Maturity not Age?

      [ My own observations of life and people seem to tell me that maturity
      is more important than age. But that seems to defy reason and cannot be
      defined. ]

      Many things defy the type of reasoning which invents answers to the
      nature of things instead of learning them. We are not devoid of the
      faculty of learning, or experiencing; so best to use them. Good
      observation on your part. It is so. And life is for the living and
      learning; not for defining. The problems are not the fault of the
      faculty of reason. The problems are in not using it; and in the lief-ing
      that it is all that matters. The problem is in people; not Reason and
      Emotion or Life. Evolution will take care of it.

      rwr

    • eduardathome
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 27, 2013
        [The Universe is pure and simple consciousness! From the elemental
        attraction of the smallest elements to the greatest of a galaxy; all is
        nothing but consciousness. Answer this puzzlement; why is it that the side
        of sun that faces away from the earth is always more active with ejecta than
        the side facing the earth? Do not believe me? Then simply follow the data
        provided by all the various solar observing satellites. It is a phenomena
        that science doesn't even try to explain as there is no scientific reason
        why such conditions should exist.] Dick

        Considering that I am dense and Dick doesn't seem to want to carry on the
        discussion, I thought I would provide a more substantive response to this
        insinuation that somehow the consciousness in the sun causes it to limit its
        activity to the "far side" facing away from the earth ... presumably to
        protect us poor humans.

        First of all, the sun rotates ... it isn't like the moon whose rotation is
        equal to the rotation of the earth so that we see only one side. The earth
        revolves around a spinning sun. In fact, the rotation of the sun can be
        determined by observing the movement of sun spots.

        So the sun rotates. What does this imply?? Well, in order to keep solar
        activity to one side away from the earth [which it really doesn't ... but
        let's go with the thought] the sun would have to contain some kind of
        infrastructure to turn on and off the activity according to the direction
        towards the earth. That seems astounding and one might well ask where did
        it come from and when. The sun is much older than humanity, so how does
        this infrastructure develop when it is unknown if the earth has any living
        organisms, especial humans.

        Humans might be said to first arise on earth in their earliest form at 10
        million years. So the sun would have to anticipate this event [which is not
        guaranteed] a good 4.6 billion years ago.

        But why should the sun only protect humans?? Surely the same right to
        existence applies to life-organisms in general. In fact, the sun would have
        to protect all life forms, since that is the origin of humanity. And if we
        find life forms on Mars, it really gets interesting. The sun would need to
        have infrastructure which turns off activity for Mars as well. And then
        what does it do when Mars is on the opposite side of the sun from the
        earth?? If it doesn't blast the earth, it will blast Mars. Gets
        complicated.

        In the end what we are doing is to attribute human characteristics to rocks.
        It's nice to think that everything in this universe has some kind of
        consciousness, but it doesn't hold up to close examination.

        In order to have consciousness, the thing needs a brain. Rocks don't have
        brains. Simple.

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 27, 2013
          If you had a grain of intelligence you would see that I did not write
          that email, I simply posted it on from another group. If you noticed it
          was in brackets and the writer put his name on the bottom of it in the
          original email. Anyway, do I write like that? Did it sound like me?
          Man you are so DIM. But I do share his view of you. You could join that
          group and talk to him. His name is Bill Taylor. Lives in California. I
          am English and live in West Somerset UK.

          Dick Richardson

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 28, 2013
            [If you had a grain of intelligence you would see that I did not write
            that email, I simply posted it on from another group. If you noticed it
            was in brackets and the writer put his name on the bottom of it in the
            original email. ]

            Bull.

            You are just trying to get out of it.

            I [as in moi] put the paragraph in brackets so that I could show what I was
            replying to. The full email from you [as in toi] is below.

            And, yes, it does sound like you ... every word of it, including the
            insults.

            eduard