Talking of Yoga

  • Dick.
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 23, 2013
      Talking of Yoga

      I have mentioned this before, but owning to the recent posts I will say
      it again. After the mystical reunion event experience I came to read
      virtually everything there was, obviously looking for anyone who had
      known the same event. I found nothing. However, I did find one book
      which seemed to be on the track, but without actually saying what needed
      to be said. He was NOT a mystic. It was the only book which I ever
      threw on the fire in anger - -

      [ Paul Brunton (October 21, 1898 - July 27, 1981) was a British
      <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Kingdom> philosopher
      <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophy> , mystic
      <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mysticism> , traveller, and guru
      <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guru> . He left a journalistic career to
      live among yogis, mystics, and holy men, and studied Eastern and Western
      esoteric teachings. Dedicating his life to an inward and spiritual
      quest, Brunton felt charged to communicate his experiences about what he
      had learned in the East to others. His works had a major influence on
      the spread of Eastern yoga and mysticism to the West. ]

      He was interested in writing and selling many books and collecting a
      group of Paul Brunton fans. Much like Alan Watts was, but unlike Watts
      he was not a drug addict. But like Watts he was still looking for what
      he had been hearing and writing about. Both Englishmen by the way. The
      book was called The Hidden Teaching Beyond Yoga. It is probably still
      around. You might find it an interesting read, I did. But this man was
      not a mystic. I am NOT interested in Yoga or Meditation. Mystical
      experience does NOT require any of that. It is innate and we are born to
      have it naturally. FACT. And it does not take many books to say that.
      Nor does it require a cohort of fans in order to say it.

      Dick Richardson